Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trektop redesign problems

Old 08-12-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop redesign problems

I have the old trektop and the re-issued redesigned replacement. Many of the leaking problems were resolved with the re-design, however, new problems have been created. The old trektop did not pool water. My re-designed trektop now pools water in both the front and rear portion of the top. When the water pools, the drip rails sewn into the top do not work. When shutting the doors, the drip rails droop and get caught between door and door seal. My biggest complaint occurs when driving at highway speeds and the velcro used in the rear portion to attach the top to the door surrounds peels apart. As I get faster and the top balloons, I can hear the velcro peeling apart until it comes completely apart and flapping in the wind. This sucks if it is raining. I have re-positioned the top trying to make this work but the results are the same. Velcro is not complicated. I have made sure to have complete contact between the two pieces. Is anyone else with the re-designed top having this problem? My door surrounds are also rusting.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got back from a road trip and had every problem you have had. Thinking about returning the top.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Well that sucks, was considering buying one at some point so I could keep the hard top off more, and have a back up for sudden downpours.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

thanks for sharing your experience. the trektop is my factory replacement choice when my top wears out in a few years. Perhaps a better design will have come along by then.

Quick Reply: Trektop redesign problems