Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tramlining Under Hard Braking

Old 10-14-2024 | 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Tramlining Under Hard Braking

I have a 2015 JK 2-door with a 2.5" lift, 17" Fuel wheels with 33" tires. Other than that the Jeep is stock. When I brake hard I really have to hold the wheel and steer firmly to keep the vehicle from veering one direction or the other. Braking moderately is fine and the vehicle tracks pretty true to the direction. Is this just a normal 'jeep' condition? I was thinking about putting in drop-links to get better caster alignment to help on-center feel due to the lift. Maybe that'd help the braking feel as well?
Old 10-14-2024 | 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Geometry correction brackets would help with the Caster and level out the control arms. How long has this occurred? Could be worn bushings on control arms or ball joints worn.Loose steering components to name a few.. You did not mention any wobble when hitting bumps.
Old 10-14-2024 | 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Geometry correction brackets would help with the Caster and level out the control arms. How long has this occurred? Could be worn bushings on control arms or ball joints worn.Loose steering components to name a few.. You did not mention any wobble when hitting bumps.
There is no play or wobble on bumps. Jeep has 72K miles on it of mostly street driving. I think I need to install the drop brackets and see if that helps. That's a pretty easy upgrade.

Quick Reply: Tramlining Under Hard Braking