Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trail ratings - what can I handle?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:35 AM
cablerep79

Default Trail ratings - what can I handle?

For those of you who have been to ORV parks with rated trails already:

What's the highest trail rating would you say a stock Sahara (32's) can handle in general?

What about with a 3" suspension lift and 35's?

Just curious after reading info on the Tellico site.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a lot more factors than just ground clearance. lockers, and more importantly, driver experience.

in my TJ, with 2" BB and 32" tires, and open differentials, she over, under, or through everything i had the testicular fortitude to try
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 AM
cablerep79

I hear ya....I was more or less referring to the flexing abilities. I've never done any rock climbing before. All of my experience has been around water/mud/sand. I doubt I'll be doing anything too extreme since this is the only vehicle I have right now....except for a company vehicle.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by degenerate
or through everything i had the testicular fortitude to try
thats the key..

Its more driver ability than jeep...
and what do you wanna put your jeep through
Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toss my vote into the "experience" hat. Places you will get stuck on right now, you may find 'unchallanging' after a few more trails. You will know then how to picl a better line and how to go up the trail.

I have seen some bone stock jeeps out wheel a locked and loaded jeep. The driver of the stock jeep had +20 years of trail riding and the loaded jeep was bought off a lot earlier that week be a newbie with a large wallet.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a level 3 trail t Tellico recently. I'm running 34's and a 2" BB. Articualtion wasn't a problem for the most part, even though I was running with the sway bars still connected (I didn't think we were gonna do hard stuff ).

I did drag the belly a little over a few rocks, but not enough to tear anything up. Judging by your avatar pic, looks like you have a 2-door. You shouldn't have to worry much about dragging, but then again, you're stock height and on 32's...

In my opinion, your limiting factor is your tires. Not necessarily the size, but the crappy (for 'wheeling) street tread.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with the small stuff and work your way up. Eventually something will break. At that you've gone too far!

ie; sahara side steps, front air dam "thingy" fuel tanks etc. and the list goes on...........
Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 PM
cablerep79

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I ran a level 3 trail t Tellico recently. I'm running 34's and a 2" BB. Articualtion wasn't a problem for the most part, even though I was running with the sway bars still connected (I didn't think we were gonna do hard stuff ).

I did drag the belly a little over a few rocks, but not enough to tear anything up. Judging by your avatar pic, looks like you have a 2-door. You shouldn't have to worry much about dragging, but then again, you're stock height and on 32's...

In my opinion, your limiting factor is your tires. Not necessarily the size, but the crappy (for 'wheeling) street tread.

Thanks bro...that's the answer I was looking for.

Quick Reply: Trail ratings - what can I handle?