Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

trail cover

Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail cover

whats the best one to get? i work at a steel mill so a lot of dust, graphite,and crap so looking for something to put on to protect my jeep. i have a mopar jeep cover that i use now for the whole jeep but it isn't tight enough to keep the dust out.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure on covers but if you live somewhat close to work I'd find a $500 beater on craigslist to drive to work
Old 03-21-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say the Bestop trail cover is the tightest/best fitting out there right now.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have, and like the Bestop trail cover. It is a great fit. I haven't used others. For your situation I would look into the cover that covers the entire jeep.

If you leave the doors on, windows up, and the top off, I'm sure dust would be minimal. If the doors are off, there is a possibility dust could creep in from the front.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I've beem doing my homework on this too, I think I'm going best top.

For those of you who have this cover, do any of you leave the top down and doors off overnight while parked in your driveway? Any issues or concerns doing so?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top and doors are off majority of the late Spring, Summer and early Fall, unless we are having multiple days of rain/storms. Cover is on every night in the driveway. Never had a problem and I've been doing this since my TJ days....so, almost 11 years now. Even in really bad storms, the interior stays dry/clean with the trail cover. Great investment if you park outside or to use during the day at work, etc.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 71Luber
Top and doors are off majority of the late Spring, Summer and early Fall, unless we are having multiple days of rain/storms. Cover is on every night in the driveway. Never had a problem and I've been doing this since my TJ days....so, almost 11 years now. Even in really bad storms, the interior stays dry/clean with the trail cover. Great investment if you park outside or to use during the day at work, etc.
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I need one. Ever had any dorks mess with your top...easier to get into then updoing the rear windows?

Just need to convince myself it should be ok to cruz down the highway with no doors...side impact protecftion from those who are on the road and really should be on a bus not behind a wheel of a vehical.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

i just bought the best top one, fits great. i park under a raised highway that gets tons of dust/ brake dust... all sorts of crap. The besttop stops it all from settling on the interior
Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default trail cover

Will it fit over tube doors with mirrors?
Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

i dont know i dont see why not over the doors but im unaware how the mirrors r mounted

Quick Reply: trail cover