Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trading 08 X should I buy a Sahara?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading 08 X should I buy a Sahara?

Need some advice I have a loaded black X but it was in an accident three months into owning it. I am of course upside down. Went to the dealer today, They have a nice metallic green sahara. Should I do it? If so it will happen monday.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

No, Rubicon.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default WOuld love a Rubicon

If I could swing it I would. Dont wanna afford 700 a month. I checked it already. The price I will be paying now I could have a loaded rubicon
Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought a strip down X and have been very happy with it, so you know what my advice would be.

Really, it just depends on how long you want to wait, or how much research you are willing to do. I'm sure there are some dealers around that have other things. I don't think there is anything wrong with the sahara, but if you don't want to pay for the differences that are mainly cosmetic, than find an X with what you want and save the money.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I love My x s package

I just wanna trade it now and figured why not get a little extra.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Jedi

I can only tell you what I would do. If I were going to bite the bullet and have a huge payment it would only be for a Rubi. If I wanted to save money I would buy a modest X and build it as I went along.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:42 AM
JK Super Freak

If you bought an X the first time, it was probably for a reason...something like what you said, if you could afford it, then maybe...or maybe you don't need a Rubi. So, don't buy more than you need or will ever take advantage of just so you can say "Hey, look at me, I've got a Rubicon" (this is what my friend does and it irritates the crap out of me).....I'm with you, if you're gonna trade might as well trade up to whatever you can afford....go for it! Just watch out for the painted fenders!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lunkhead22
Need some advice I have a loaded black X but it was in an accident three months into owning it. I am of course upside down. Went to the dealer today, They have a nice metallic green sahara. Should I do it? If so it will happen monday.
Why are you trading? If the insurance company has returned your X back to proper condition, why not just keep it? If I were you, I'd keep it until I was no longer upside down and THEN consider trading it in. Why take the depreciation hit on two vehicles within a few months? Your "upsidedownness" will only get worse with a trade.

You know, having a JK that has already been banged up means you can thrash it on the trails without guilt!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlightTester
Why are you trading? If the insurance company has returned your X back to proper condition, why not just keep it? If I were you, I'd keep it until I was no longer upside down and THEN consider trading it in. Why take the depreciation hit on two vehicles within a few months? Your "upsidedownness" will only get worse with a trade.

You know, having a JK that has already been banged up means you can thrash it on the trails without guilt!
x2. How bad was the accident? A fender bender, or was there more damage?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Damage

The jeep had 6500 in damage. whole right hand side suspension was crushed. The frame piece that welds the strut or shock was replaced. (frame damage) The X was my first vehicle I ever financed at 29....I sold cars for 7 years always had a demo. So I was very nervous when I financed 500 a month. My X has every option. My income will allow me to now get the Rubicon, But at 700 a month or close to that I rather not.....IF I ONLY BOUGHT THE RUBICON FIRST I WOULD NEVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM I wouldn't have cared about the accident so much. Thanks for all the input so far.

Quick Reply: Trading 08 X should I buy a Sahara?