Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Traded in the JK....

Old 12-27-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
must be an auto thing...I never downshift on hills...
Come on, Jack, everyone knows there ain't no hills in Oklahoma--especially around Enid!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ckee
i hear you on horsepower man. i have 4500 miles on mine so far and its very hard for me to get used to not having any power. i live in an area that has lots of hills and this thing downshifts alot. i had these same tires on my 05 gmc with the 5.3 v8 and it wasnt even like they were on it. i had no problems outta the 34,000 miles i owned the truck and this jeep has had several problems. i really like the jeep just wishing they would fix a few things and a V8 in it would make me feel alot better about it
You could regear for some more power , drop a V8 in it or sell it and get something you like better. A few are waiting on diesels before they buy, but are missing out on enjoying one now. You may think the next model will be worse than the current year. Sounds like your not a Jeep person to me. Happy New Year!!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cowboypunk
i AM A CONTRACTOR aswell AND MY 4 door is great. I tow a 6 foot wells cargo trailer with tools and ladders. GREat.. Waiting for my kargomaster congo cage to come which i am really looking forward to
Pulling my trailer with a JK would be utterly frustrating.(14 ft with most of my equipment).The size and weight of my trailer would push any JK all over the road over 40mph and make the rear bumper drag the ground. Not to mention I don't think you could break much over 40 mph pulling my trailer..I never even tried..I had one of my carpenters pull it..

Mostly the trouble came from day to day small tasks the Jk just had a hard time doing..Ex.. Needed to pick up some slate flooring for a walk in shower last week,carry an 8ft ladder over to the carpenters working on a deck,had to pick up some extra paint for the painters to finish up...Those types of things..

Like I said before, I liked the JK....Just not enough to make the little annoyances worth it..My only 2 gripes are total build quality(lacking a little imho) and lack of power and TQ..

It was not the JK's fault..I thought I could live with not having a pickup,I could not..

For a fun weekend toy the JK is perfect! When they bring a turbo diesel out,I will be back

Last edited by AndrewZ; 12-27-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RuBob
Well, this is my 4th Jeep. But, I guess wishing for a little more power and a few less issues for a >$30k vehicle means I'm not really a Jeep person.

Daimler-Chrysler loves Jeep people like you.

Happy New Year!!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Show some respect for the dead and change your avatar.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the JKs a lot, but am still waiting on buying one. Two things I want are more power and a transfer case similar to the SelecTrac that has 2Wd, 4WD Hi, 4WD Lo, and Full-time 4WD.

I wouldn't mind the current power level if the mpg were better, but if I am going to burn that much gas, then I'd better have some grunt available in exchange.

The TC with the full-time option is for winters up here where you go from dry road to snow covered and back again 50 times in 10 miles.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kntr
No thanks....
Old 12-27-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AndrewZ
No thanks....
Carma is a witch.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Zee
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Originally Posted by AndrewZ
No thanks....
Wow... just wow. Pretty callous and cold.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm planning for 2010 already. I leased my '07 JK about a week after I first starting seeing them on the lot. With my lease expiring in only a short 27 months , I visit the Jeep site almost every day to lay out different configurations for my next JK.

Maybe we'll have a few more options in 2010.

Quick Reply: Traded in the JK....