Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

trade my 2 door in for a 4 door?

Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something to make note of -- you mentioned the possibility of buying a house soon. The mortgage game is pretty tight these days. They may give you grief for making a vehicle purchase so close to the purchase of a house.

My wife and I bought a house a little over a year ago. We had realtors questioning us because we look pretty young and because of the car we pulled up in. And it's nothing special.

I had to jump through some annoying hoops to justify bank and accounting records when going through the underwriters process. I was warned they may not appreciate big purchases prior to signing mortgage papers.

Last edited by yo_marc; 04-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm that is a good point. Maybe I'll just wait until we purchase a house and things settle down. It's not impossible to use a 2 door and have a kid.

We do have another vehicle with 4 doors. We just usually drive the jeep more cuz I LOVE driving it I'm going to have to make it work.

Maybe by that time the price of the 4 door rubicons will have gone down a tad and will be better for me overall.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you; I'm in a similar situation... I love my 2door, but I know it'll be a little tough to use when kids come along. Been trying to talk myself into an Unlimited, but the price is one of the things stopping me. Hoping to score a '12, if anything, sometime in the future. Hopefully at a nice discount!

Good luck in whatever you do decide...

Quick Reply: trade my 2 door in for a 4 door?