Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

trade jk for tj

Old 02-23-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saltman
The lemon law process varies slightly from state to state. Just type whatever state you are in, lemon law general statute into google. It will show everything. It is very straight forward and not that big of a deal if you have all your documentation in place from the trips to the dealer. Chrysler did not try to fight at all. In my uninformed opinion they are well aware of all the problems the vehicles have and have decided it is cheaper to buyback the ones that go through the process than to fix the issues. It was so easy to do that I feel like they would have fought much harder if it was any other way. In fact, in my case they did not respond in the time frame that makes them bound by law to replace the vehicle even if it wasn't their fault.

The headache is going through the process and waiting. Just takes time. Don't get a lawyer you won't need one. Chrysler Customer Care employees have about 3 brain cells b/w them all and there job is to waste time. Try to not let them bog you down.

My Jeep had a 3.5" lift and 35s. Obviously, they had nothing to do with the fact that the computer system is garbage, the vehicle constantly leaked, .... long list.

If the vehicle is in the shop for more than 21 days in a year it is a lemon here. or 4 repairs of the same problem with Chrysler being notified it is their final repair after the third.
this is going to be the third time my jeep is being repaired for the electrical problem and im sure is will not be fixable. i believe they would have gotten it the second time i will look up the law in colorado.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

from what i have read the jeep will have to be repaired four or more times with in the first year of purchase. (i purchased the jeep in augost 2007) or in the the shop for 30 or so days under warranty coverage.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. That's what it looks like it here.

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/CO_law.html

Good luck. Maybe they'll get it fixed. If they don't they pay for all your aftermarket stuff so save the receipts.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks for the help. i will keep this thread posted on whats going on with every thing.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
GEt rid of the 37", this is your problem: you can't off-road with 37" on a JK. 35" is just perfect.
Don't change the JK for a TJ, it's the worst thing to do
I agree with 35s being great on a Rubi but to say one cannot wheel a JK with 37s is over the top , it's all about the right setup, combo and knowing how to wheel. First I've ever seen someone say you can't wheel a jk with 37s
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear about all this problems
Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by White Widow
i am really considering ditching the jk and going with the tj
i am tired of the air sensors and the other sensors and all the computer module failures and the key reprograming. tired of worrying about how the engine will react when i put non aftermarket dana 60 and 70 in it. tired of fighting with chrysler about electric warranty issues. tired of towing the jk off the trail every sunday when the computer fails. ive hit rock bottom with the jk
Whatever you do, don't trade it in for a TJ, you're going to lose money like crazy just trading it on anything, if you truly have a lemon then go that route through your states lemon law process.

Sounds like you want to build a rock-crawling rig to really abuse, if you wanted to do this in a jk I'd say be prepared to have the money to do it right to begin with, if you're wanting 42s and D60/70s, etc while running this pansy lil 3.8l then you know already theres nothing to worry about, it's just silly. Do you offroad so much that you need to just have a trail rig or is your Jk your DD?

Can't believe some of the problems I hear about, I've had a clutch issue twice and a seat belt issue and that's it, but most in our area seem to be like mine, very little issues, where was your jk built? (VIN)
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
I agree with 35s being great on a Rubi but to say one cannot wheel a JK with 37s is over the top , it's all about the right setup, combo and knowing how to wheel. First I've ever seen someone say you can't wheel a jk with 37s
Brakes are not strong enough with 37"
CPU doesn't like 37"
ESP doesn't like 37"
Engine is not strong enough with 37" (off-roading)

37" is good for full size pick-ups

Of course, you can off-road with 37" on your JK, but $$$$$$$$ in a few years

Last edited by Yoda; 02-23-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

so got the jeep back today and problem is fixed (for now), but the jeep beeps thinking that the key is still in the ignition.

here is what they fixed.

"customer states vehicle will not start check engine light is on it is the third time jeep has had this problem internal tps on the j20 fuse for the ignition fused posative ignition switch terminal one is broke from corosion. wcm module is locked solid and will not reset to program ignition keys. found the 10 amp fuse in j20 blown removed the c6 connector and ignition switch and tested it for power and ground. open. install new tpm and varify power to ignition switch. varify power to ignition switch. varify power out the ignition switch to the wcm and program the pin and varify that the vehicle starts and runs." quoted from ticket
Old 02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
Brakes are not strong enough with 37"
CPU doesn't like 37"
ESP doesn't like 37"
Engine is not strong enough with 37" (off-roading)

37" is good for full size pick-ups

Of course, you can off-road with 37" on your JK, but $$$$$$$$ in a few years

Those who know what they're doing would disagree, especially the brakes and engine comment. If it's setup right to begin with there are few issues.

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 02-25-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Quick Reply: trade jk for tj