Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trade An '07 for an '06???

Old 07-15-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade An '07 for an '06???

Just a thought...

Is there any reason that a dealer WOULDN'T do some sort of even trade: My '07 for an '06 or older with similar mileage.

I know most people on this board probably feel differently... but I get this feeling of regret every time I see a TJ on the road. I used to drive a '98 Green Sahara... and when it started to go, I easily could have traded it for a newer TJ--- but I wanted the new model so bad!!! Just goes to show-- people don't always know what they want.

I think that if I found one that was exactly like the one I had, I'd trade back in a heartbeat. Any former TJ owners feel the same way?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A local dealer should be the one to ask that question to, as they could most likely answer it better than anyone on this board.

As for a prior Jeep, I like our JK much better than the CJ I owned.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GreenTJ_2_BlackJK
Just a thought...

Is there any reason that a dealer WOULDN'T do some sort of even trade: My '07 for an '06 or older with similar mileage.

I know most people on this board probably feel differently... but I get this feeling of regret every time I see a TJ on the road. I used to drive a '98 Green Sahara... and when it started to go, I easily could have traded it for a newer TJ--- but I wanted the new model so bad!!! Just goes to show-- people don't always know what they want.

I think that if I found one that was exactly like the one I had, I'd trade back in a heartbeat. Any former TJ owners feel the same way?
i dont see why not... i personally came from an 04 TJ and loved it... but it was not big enough. I always said, why cant they make a 4 door wrangler.. well 3 years later they did.. and thats what i am sitting in now. Happy as can be!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you're going to be a little hard pressed to find a dealer willing to trade anything "even" in this economy. Even worse, a Jeep for a Jeep?

I know, I know, these aren't "SUV's" but dealers around these parts are turning away SUV trade-in's. And, if they do take it in they are giving pratically nothing for them. Bowling buddy of mine was so desperate to get out of his gas guzzler (Yukon) that he took a major bite in the you know what. Guess he had his reasons though.

Wish you luck.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

If I had an '06, I would trade you in a heartbeat...and yes, I had a TJ
Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

No i would not go back, you gotta be kidding
Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieJK
im prefer the JK it's more like a car on road... poor Kittens
Doesn't even get the kitten kicked, comparing a Jeep to a car is acceptable, calling a Jeep a car gets a kitten wacked!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GreenTJ_2_BlackJK
Any former TJ owners feel the same way?
No.

My JK is light years ahead of my TJ in terms of off-road ability, comfort, features, braking, accelerating (4.10 JK vs. 3.73 TJ gears ), power, space (4-doors) etc. You name it, there is not one area where my '08 JK is not superior to my '05 TJ.

Having said that, I would love to have an early 70s model CJ that I could use as a beater - IN ADDITION to my JK. There's a certain nostalgic value that comes with an older model Willys, CJ-5, CJ-7, etc. But a TJ? Not so much nostalgia there. Just an old model. Sorry.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just miss the 12" lift and my wheels and tires. Other than that, F-NO! Ill be burried in convict!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I guess I'm in the minority!

Honestly, I think what I do miss most was the raw power off the line. I'm 25 years old... and not that I always drag raced the thing, but it was QUICK in first/second 0-60. Really Quick. Was mine the only one??? I'd trade my power windows and slightly quieter ride to have back the powerful acceleration.

I know, I know, "Jeeps aren't built for speed!" Well... the new ones aren't anyhow. What I truly miss is the feeling of showing off that my rig can not only handle the dirt, but also beat your shiny new Ford Fusion to the merge.

Quick Reply: Trade An '07 for an '06???