Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Traction Control issue

Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovis
It is not lifted. I did replace the pizza cutter sized wheels and tires (that come on basic X model) with Rubicon wheels and tires, but that was done nearly 2 years ago and this is the first issue I have had.
Just thought I'd check

I've only had the ESP light + chime once (I'm stock too), but it didn't affect my driving, and went away when I turned the engine off/on.

Your problem is definitely something wrong, don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

I'm interested. Keep us posted.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

We got about 5 inches of snow today and some underlying ice in spots. So I took the Jeep out for some fun. Found an open parking lot and turned her loose.

Seems as though the traction control issue was just that one night. Seemed to be working fine all week and particularly today. It would come on and do its calculated braking thing, but then once I straightened out, it would operate just fine.

Seems to not be an issue anymore. Of course, if it does happen again, I will take it to the dealership quickly.

But I must say, the TCS and ESP stuff seemed to work just great. Although in 2 wheel drive, it made doughnuts much more of a challenge. :-)
Old 12-20-2008, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, thanks for all the input from everyone. But I believe the issue must have been a one trip thing. We have a heck of a storm (for the Northwest anyway), and I spent over 3 hours driving in the snow today again. No issues, through all sorts of conditions. The TCS worked great, so (crossing fingers) I think it isn't an issue for my Jeep.

Thanks again for everyone offering suggestions. But no issues since that one night.

Quick Reply: Traction Control issue