Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Toyo Open Country MT and Nitto Trail Grappler

Old 06-02-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toyo Open Country MT and Nitto Trail Grappler

I need opinions on this one. I keep seeing Eddy and all the "killer" Jk's running Toyo's and I see a lot of people buying the Nittos at Discount Tire. I also keep reading how heavy they are and "E" rated and have super stiff sidewallls and are better for full size trucks versus JK's. It seems like it would be tough to get them to work well aired down compared to a "C" rated sidewall. What is the story from you guys that are running them?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You started a thread in the for sale section. May wanna move this to jk talk or a different section for more answers and discussion.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CreepyJeeper
You started a thread in the for sale section. May wanna move this to jk talk or a different section for more answers and discussion.

How do you move it to another thread???
Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Junkie

moved it for ya
i have the toyos and absolutely love them. They air down extremely well and the sidewalls are tough as nails, which we need for the rocks we wheel on
Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look at the Cooper STT. Similar tread pattern and it is "D" rated.
But its tough to beat the Toyo.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fish
moved it for ya
i have the toyos and absolutely love them. They air down extremely well and the sidewalls are tough as nails, which we need for the rocks we wheel on
Thank you Fish!! Sounds like they are the tire to get. Anyone else have them that can comment?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Thank you Fish!! Sounds like they are the tire to get. Anyone else have them that can comment?
JKZinger, after much reading and research... I'm going to buy Toyo Open Country MT 295/70R's

Check my sig, our rigs are kinda set up the same and I can't wait to get them. They will be a perfect fit for my build. Just waiting for the money tree to sprout a bit and my BFG km's to wear out.

Last edited by Dylanjam77; 06-03-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
JKZinger, after much reading and research... I'm going to buy Toyo Open Country MT 295/70R's

Check my sig, our rigs are kinda set up the same and I can't wait to get them. They will be a perfect for my build. Just waiting for the money tree to sprout a bit and my BFG km's to wear out.
That does sound like a good tire. I am waffling between the 295s and 35s. Being they are so heavy it may make sense to go 295. I am going to go down to the local tire store and compare the two alongside my stock Rubi tires. I also may go with the Teraflex 2.5 spring lift, but I really like how the Teraflex performance leveling kit rides! Good luck with your decision!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKZinger
I need opinions on this one. I keep seeing Eddy and all the "killer" Jk's running Toyo's and I see a lot of people buying the Nittos at Discount Tire. I also keep reading how heavy they are and "E" rated and have super stiff sidewallls and are better for full size trucks versus JK's. It seems like it would be tough to get them to work well aired down compared to a "C" rated sidewall. What is the story from you guys that are running them?
My first set was 35x13.5x15 load range C, and my second is LT315/75R16 load range E. The load range makes no difference in practice. I was running less than 8 psi in the snow last weekend and getting plenty of sidewall flex with the load range E's.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
My first set was 35x13.5x15 load range C, and my second is LT315/75R16 load range E. The load range makes no difference in practice. I was running less than 8 psi in the snow last weekend and getting plenty of sidewall flex with the load range E's.
Beadlocks or no??

Quick Reply: Toyo Open Country MT and Nitto Trail Grappler