Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Torn Apart. Jk or Tacoma ?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't compare the Jeep to the Toyota. They are to entirely different animals. If you want, need, a truck a Jeep ain't gonna cut it. If you're looking to take it off road, there truly is a reason why jeep is a verb. If you don't need a truck, and don't plan on going off road then it's just down to taste and only you can make that choice.

Now if I were 20 again and still in the AF, I'd go for the Jeep. The Toyota is a truck. The Jeep is sooo much more. Does the AF still have base auto hobby shops? You're in the AF with access to everything and people with true skills you need to build a kick ass Jeep.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jks are more fun, It definately is a jeep thing
Old 10-17-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be drinking to much Soju and OB while at the Kun
Get the Jeep

What unit are you in?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

If you're looking for an excuse to buy the JK, then you can use cost.

I traded my 2007 Ford F-150 (4-door) in on my 2008 Unlimited. I get better gas mileage (18/19 versus 13/14), and my insurance went down. I believe the Tundra (assuming it has a V-8) is going to get similar gas mileage to my F-150, and the insurance would be comparable too.

I don't know how the purchase price will be for the 2 vehicles, but I would think that for comparably equiped vehicles, the Toyota will cost more.

The big unknown would be maintenance costs. I don't know how you would compare those. The JK might require more maintenance (I don't know one way or the other), but the Toyota parts may cost more. And then there are always those lemons that people get once in a while.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default reply

Get the jeep because:

1. you can personalize it like no other vehicle
2. the nicest people on this forum
3. fun driving topless
4. lifetime warranty
5. easier to park
6. better off road use
7. there is always a fun upgrade you can put in it
8. lot of bang for the buck (they only start at around $19 grand or so)
9. very easy to clean, since the carpet pulls right out

Last edited by deltadawn; 10-18-2008 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Buy the Jeep and get a 4 x 8 trailer and have the best of both worlds. If you like wheeling, you'll regret not getting the Jeep.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:34 PM
JK Super Freak

hmmmmm....ask a JK forum which to get....Jeep or Toyota.........JEEP dumbass:rotflmao1 :
Old 10-19-2008, 05:27 AM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

Most full size trucks get worse gas milage than a Jeep wrangler and the price of the new Tundra's are pretty high in price compared to the Wranglers. Not too mention the wrangler is a lot more fun
Old 10-19-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tacoma or Jeep.
I researched the jeep market for well over a year. I find the ressle value on jeeps are better than any vehicle I have seen. Under 100K, also the insurance for jeeps (JK model) Due to the ESP program the cost has been reduced. I ended up with a 2 dr Rubicon. Started out with a few mods on the Jeep. This has been the most fun I have had with a vehicle. Not only can you go where Ya can't walk, you can do so many modifications over a period of time. its a blast . Or if you have the Funds , go right to full modification's. the Jk site has many great write ups. No one looks at a truck. But a Jeep, well lets just say its a head turner.

Another reason to have a Jeep

Last edited by Hammerman; 10-20-2008 at 04:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Torn Apart. Jk or Tacoma ?