Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tops

Old 04-02-2014, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tops

Goin to be needing a new top soon do any of y'all have the best top fast back on a 2 door if so how easy is it to take down and put up
Old 04-02-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots of threads on the Trektop NX. I have one for my Jeep and I've only ever had one issue with it. The back cross bar does not stay clipped onto the soft top but the tension of the straps that hold the top on keep it in place. I subsequently broke the plastic on the cross bar and just leave it mostly loose.

It doesn't take much time to get it on and off. The windows slide in fairly easily but if it is cold outside the material shrinks pretty good and its very tight to get zipped up. It takes me about 5-10 minutes to get the whole top on myself (with the door surrounds and mounting bracket already installed). The top works great as a bikini and that is how I drove around most last summer. You just have to remember to tighten the rear straps when you fold the sunrider back. Without the windows the top gets pretty loose with the sunrider back and I had the straps come off and the top flapping pretty bad while I was driving down the highway (had to pull over right away and put the straps back on).

The Best Top YouTube channel has the installation on it and I followed it step by step when I installed it. It should give you a pretty good idea of what is involved.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Ok thank man that's the top I was lookin at thanks for all the input
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trektop isn't meant to come on and off regularly. It's a safari top. If you want quick folding up and down, you want the supertop.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Oh ok thanks

Quick Reply: Tops