Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Topless drama

Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me wrong... I watch the local National Weather Service site like a hawk when the top is off but I don't go "fetal position" when it does rain.

And it does feel ridiculous riding down the road with the top off, wind shield wipers on high and rain drops smacking you in the forehead.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Try this one....

In formation, waiting on first sgt to get there. (means I cant leave for anything) Clear blue sky's, hear thunder, we all look to the left, black clouds moving in. EVERYONE in the company stared at me and started giggling knowing about my jeep being fully opened. First Sargent finally gets there and it starts to drizzle as she puts out notes. Right as she releases us it starts to down pour. I walk to the parking lot, while everyone else is running (no point when i know i will get wet anyways). I leave and everyone's jaw drops as I proceed to drive away. From that day on, i realize everything works just fine in the rain and my unit now has a better understanding of my obsession.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Drove home from work yesterday in a massive thunderstorm, top off and no doors ... Kept the radio blasting and a smile the whole time! Only problem, wipers don't work on the inside :-P

Drove around in the sunshine today and let her dry. Haven't had the carpet in for a few weeks now, so I didn't have to worry about pulling um out.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

NICE! How fast were you going?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gearheadette
Try this one....

In formation, waiting on first sgt to get there. (means I cant leave for anything) Clear blue sky's, hear thunder, we all look to the left, black clouds moving in. EVERYONE in the company stared at me and started giggling knowing about my jeep being fully opened. First Sargent finally gets there and it starts to drizzle as she puts out notes. Right as she releases us it starts to down pour. I walk to the parking lot, while everyone else is running (no point when i know i will get wet anyways). I leave and everyone's jaw drops as I proceed to drive away. From that day on, i realize everything works just fine in the rain and my unit now has a better understanding of my obsession.
I've the same issue ... I work on Ft. Lee (EOD) and none of them can understand why I'd drive a brand new 2012 around with no doors or top and not care when it get soaked.

It's a Jeep!
Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

so what about aftermarket system, would that matter if it gets rained on? I get kind of nervous leaving the top down. id hate to get all the rain and ruin a new stereo not too mention the subs and amps.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

If your going to do that you should shop for Stereos in a Marine store, the boat ones are water proof.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going to purchase (PAVEMENT ENDS EMERGENCY TOP) goes on in mintues and you can still drive with it on. Perfect for these situations
Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been caught a few times, haven't had a problem yet
Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could ya'll say what year Jeep ya'll have. I wonder with the '11+ how those do.

Quick Reply: Topless drama