Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Topless again!

Old 02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Topless again!

Bright sunny day with a high of 45F and having not been topless since early November... I was just itching for it... I decided to drive home from work topless. After putting the top down (boy that was a crappy fold job, I'm out of practice) I jumped in the Jeep and drove off, grinning from ear to ear I worked my way to the freeway on ramp enjoying every minute of it. After reaching my cruising speed I realized just how many receipts and other misc papers I collected during the winter because they all started to become airborne. Now I need to go empty my pockets and thaw out my fingers.

Good to be topless again!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running with the top in safari mode, drops in the 30's in the morning, a little nippy, but the heater is awesome
Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

I hear you. I live in FL. The top has been off for 2 weeks now . as well as the doors ( doors so over-rated)
Old 02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

planning to take the top off tomorrow, going for a run on the lake as it is supposed to get up to zero. perfect topless weather, a few flurries but the jeep needs aired out.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by dremex
Bright sunny day with a high of 45F and having not been topless since early November... I was just itching for it... I decided to drive home from work topless. After putting the top down (boy that was a crappy fold job, I'm out of practice) I jumped in the Jeep and drove off, grinning from ear to ear I worked my way to the freeway on ramp enjoying every minute of it. After reaching my cruising speed I realized just how many receipts and other misc papers I collected during the winter because they all started to become airborne. Now I need to go empty my pockets and thaw out my fingers.

Since November....??? Heck, consider yourself lucky!!! We didn't even HAVE a summer last year. It seemed like everyday I was wanting to drive to work with the top down. But it was either raining or it was clear and right at the freezing mark. What a pain. Hopefully this spring/summer will be different. So when you find yourself complaining, remember......you COULD live in Alaska
Old 02-22-2009, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

It was awesome driving to Daytona last week from VT. We had the front panels out a few times and loved it. Now, we are back home it's in the twenties and a snowstorm is scheduled for today. Man it was a very long ride home on Friday.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi

Took the Freedom panels off yesterday around Revelstoke +1C (33F) out and sunny....it was awesome.....then I really wanted to take all 4 doors off....but thought the kids would get way to cold!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

It was about 70 here yesterday, so the wife and I dropped the top then went for a two hour cruise in the canyon. That was max relaxing
Old 02-22-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jared937
It was about 70 here yesterday, so the wife and I dropped the top then went for a two hour cruise in the canyon. That was max relaxing
I hate the Californians!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dremex

I'm a few miles south of you, down in Happy Valley. Pulled my top and doors yesterday. Hope it stays warm like this for a few more days.

Quick Reply: Topless again!