Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top Gear, Jeep VS Bronco VS Blazer on tomorrow I think.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched it and thought it was funny. Yeah all of the same comments as others. If they guy knew how to off-road he would not have broken the axle. I watch it purely for the entertainment. All of the vehicles they had were great off-road rigs...of course I would prefer the CJ over the others.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77
Sun 14th West coast LA area Top Gear

Death Valley New10:00pm
Episode Info Videos (587)
Death Valley: The men drive in the Mojave Desert to determine the best 4x4 for $5,000. New (CC)

Watched the show and route they took seems more interesting. I wonder if we can do the same. What do you think?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

That show was so funny. They beat the crap out of those rigs !!!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

ahh, its a great show...its not meant to be serious but all in good fun. The best part of the show IMO was seeing the CJ dragging the Ford Bronco across the street on its side! Both my brothers have Fords, Im the only smart one with the JK!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Compared to the BBC version... the show is REALLY bad. I mean at least make up some new plots. I'm amazed it's still on the air.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by red07x
Compared to the BBC version... the show is REALLY bad. I mean at least make up some new plots. I'm amazed it's still on the air.
Yeh..The Alaska and this one was almost the same plot. They should have done the same to the trucks that UK top gear did to Toyota Hilux
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

My GF and I watched it purely for entertainment value. I laughed till I cried. They weren't being at all serious about, which actually made it more fun to watch. When he cut the Bronco up, I almost died laughing. Might have to watch it on the web again.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red07x
Yeah but compared to everything else we get (Motorweek) it's pure gold!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

It was funny but I really wanted an actual challenge. I was hoping they would really test them with some tough obstacles. No heavy rock crawling but traverse a trail with some huge washout or something. I mean I watched a video from a car show, which they allowed anyone to drive the jeep, that was more difficult than some of those stunts they did on the TV show. The pull a trailer up a rough incline was cool but they needed more of those and not who can cross the road without touching their tires. Or, race to hotel and don't run out of gas. I mean, who cars if the rigs can drive 51 mile on 42miles worth of gas. I mean I can't speak for anyone but myself but I always make sure to fill up the tank before I go on a long wheeling expedition. But, like I said it was funny to watch.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

It was my first time watching as a long BBC fan. I thought it was good, laughed at the dragging of the ford as well, that 110hp I6 showed well. I was disappointed that the winner was chosen based on a mpg challenge at the end, which has nothing to do with Best 4x4. It was clear the CJ was the best. K5's are cool but just too sloppy offroad.

Quick Reply: Top Gear, Jeep VS Bronco VS Blazer on tomorrow I think.