Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top Gear, Jeep VS Bronco VS Blazer on tomorrow I think.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gear, Jeep VS Bronco VS Blazer on tomorrow I think.

I saw a promo for an episode of Top Gear on History Channel that was going to put a Jeep, Bronco and Blazer to the test on a trail to see which does better. I was looking at the History channel web site to see if I could get more info but couldn't find it. I didn't see the whole promo but I heard it as I was walking into the room. I think it will be on tomorrow. I don’t think that they will be using a JK for the test though. It should be interesting to watch none the less.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK44M
I saw a promo for an episode of Top Gear on History Channel that was going to put a Jeep, Bronco and Blazer to the test on a trail to see which does better. I was looking at the History channel web site to see if I could get more info but couldn't find it. I didn't see the whole promo but I heard it as I was walking into the room. I think it will be on tomorrow. I don’t think that they will be using a JK for the test though. It should be interesting to watch none the less.
I saw the promo too. It will be on Sunday evening. I think 9est/8cst.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

I also am looking forward to this
Old 08-13-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the clarification guys! I was changing the oil on the Jeep and walked into the house to wash my hands when I heard it. I ran into the living room but just caught the tail end of the promo. I had to come into work for a few hours so I didn't have a chance to see it again.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

yep. it's on tomorrow around 9 or 10pm.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Can't wait love that show
Old 08-13-2011, 11:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sun 14th West coast LA area Top Gear

Death Valley New10:00pm
Episode Info Videos (587)
Death Valley: The men drive in the Mojave Desert to determine the best 4x4 for $5,000. New (CC)

Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have to say I was disappointed. I was expecting a lot more. It started out ok but it really didn't prove anything. If the guy in the bronco actually knew how to drive it would have made it up that rock easily without breaking the axle. That was the first time I have ever see that show. Flipping something on its side and dragging it across a paved road or rapping it in carpet doesn't really qualify as "off roading or trail riding". Oh well.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK44M
Have to say I was disappointed. I was expecting a lot more. It started out ok but it really didn't prove anything. If the guy in the bronco actually knew how to drive it would have made it up that rock easily without breaking the axle. That was the first time I have ever see that show. Flipping something on its side and dragging it across a paved road or rapping it in carpet doesn't really qualify as "off roading or trail riding". Oh well.
Seriously! Nothing against New Yorkers but come on.... That was just a sad showing of trying to climb a 3 foot incline rock face and inevitably break a rear axle.

Though I did enjoy the humor in the show and the relationships between the competitors.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the heads up - set the dvr.

We don't normally watch the USA version. Kind of partial to the BBC guys. Plus I get my taste of super cars for a bit watching them. Ok fine - the accents don't hurt either LOL!

Quick Reply: Top Gear, Jeep VS Bronco VS Blazer on tomorrow I think.