Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top down/doors off

Old 04-18-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top down/doors off

First day with top down / doors off 75 degrees...life is good! Why did it take me so long to get a jeep???
Old 04-18-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what no pics!?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Here's one...four kids, can't remove rear doors.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_041820090019.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	22537  
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detyellow2008
Here's one...four kids, can't remove rear doors.
just get four of these Attachment 22538
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! Good luck trying to go back to a solid-roofed/doored vehicle---or not.

How do the kids like the Jeep? I wish my parents had a Jeep when I was young...although maybe my total lifetime spending Jeeps would be higher if they did.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

DetYellow2008, how do you like rollin with the back doors on, but front off? I have a one year old and figure it might be better to roll like that, but just think it looks wierd.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Detyellow2008
First day with top down / doors off 75 degrees...life is good! Why did it take me so long to get a jeep???
Got me...........I guess it just takes awhile for some people. I know I loved jeeps ever since I was old enough to know what one was. I learned to drive in a CJ5, and have loved them ever since.
HAVE FUN & BE CAREFUL...!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

glad you enjoyed it...

the first time I test drove my JK last month was with the top down on an unseasonably warm day and I loved it... of course, this last month, after buying it, it has pretty much been unseasonably cool and quite rainy, so I haven't really gotten to enjoy it like I want to... I did take the doors off one Saturday and drove around a bit (still a little chilly for that, but ya gotta do it)... now I'm just waiting for it to warm up a bit more and I'll be cruising with the wind in my hair as much as possible... personally, I really prefer the soft top up with the side and rear soft windows and doors off (pasty skin... I go straight past tan to sunburn, so the shade of the top is important)...
Old 04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by btb01
glad you enjoyed it...

the first time I test drove my JK last month was with the top down on an unseasonably warm day and I loved it... of course, this last month, after buying it, it has pretty much been unseasonably cool and quite rainy, so I haven't really gotten to enjoy it like I want to... I did take the doors off one Saturday and drove around a bit (still a little chilly for that, but ya gotta do it)... now I'm just waiting for it to warm up a bit more and I'll be cruising with the wind in my hair as much as possible... personally, I really prefer the soft top up with the side and rear soft windows and doors off (pasty skin... I go straight past tan to sunburn, so the shade of the top is important)...
My forehead knows what you are talking about. The top of my thinning head is waiting for its turn.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by db99wj
My forehead knows what you are talking about. The top of my thinning head is waiting for its turn.
I just learned this leason on Friday, It was so nice I opened up the top at lunch for the drive home (of course I took the long way) I was a little red where my hair used to be.

Quick Reply: Top down/doors off