Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top + Doors = Coffin

Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're finally supposed to drop into the 90's this weekend (and the 80's next week), so I'll be taking mine off Saturday morning. Our lows at night are still in the 80's, so for us, it's not an issue.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default getting fresh up here

it was 5 deg C (41 deg F) when I left for work this morning. Been running no top and doors all summer. First morning today I had to wear coat, gloves and a toque!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
i am just across the river and still have not put the doors back on yet!.....no top or doors since June1st with the exception of throwing the soft top shell on in thunderstorms
Sweet, Windsor represent! Love your bars, buddy The mornings and when the sun goes down can get pretty nippy. Refuse to wear a jacket yet so my little JK is all buttoned up. Keeping the door bolts out for now - just in case we get a nice gush of warm southern air!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had to put my top and doors back on cause of the hurricane.. now the weather is beautiful but I'm too lazy to take them back off.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by daubie
it was 5 deg C (41 deg F) when I left for work this morning. Been running no top and doors all summer. First morning today I had to wear coat, gloves and a toque!
Still waiting for it to drop below 100 to take off the top. My house A/C still has trouble cooling the house down.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by medic_23387
Put my top and doors on after being w/o them for months. Now I feel like I'm entrapped in my vehicle. Not going to like winter this year.
you aren't required to put the top and doors on.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by finnd1

you aren't required to put the top and doors on.
X2. Rock the naked look for as long as you can possibly stand. In New England its starting to get down in the mid 40s at night now so I adapt an throw all my hooded sweatshirts in the jeep for me an my friends. By the time Nov 1 comes I will of had my fill for the year an put the doors an top back on.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
No top or doors for me. I enjoy the heat. Safari top would be good for a rain situation but other than that prefer nothing
same here, my doors, hard top and trex top are buried in my garage someplace. I have a trail cover for rainy days. I'll probably go right to the hard top in mid september and hope to keep the doors off longer.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, putting it all back on always sucks, but there's plenty more summers to come.

What really sucks is the smell the first day it's all buttoned up and cooks in the sun. woooof. If yours has gotten wet sometime this summer, you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: Top + Doors = Coffin