Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top 10 Lists

Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top 10 Lists

I have an 18 mile commute to and from work everyday. Sometimes traffic moves pretty well and the commute takes about 25 minutes. Other times traffic is TOAST and it takes over an hour. Yesterday's commute home took 1 hour 25 minutes. Today's commute in took right around 1 hour. That got me to thinking about what I like/dislike about the commute. I thought it might be fun to share on the forum. So, I submit for your reading pleasure and commentary my top 10 list for each.

Top 10 Likes
10. Good tunes on the radio, hot Starbucks in my hand.
9. Catching up on the new forum posts (only when stopped of course)
8. Trying to catch up to other sweet looking rigs (see 8 on dislikes)
7. Being high enough to see the endless stream of brake lights in front of me
6. Sunshiny cold days
5. Hey! I'm in my Jeep
4. Hearing "Nice Jeep"
3. God's paintings (sunrises and sunsets)
2. Seeing and waving to lots of Jeeps
1. Having the top off & doors off (or windows down) enjoying the rig.

Top 10 Dislikes
10. The fact that I'm going to work and not someplace fun (e.g. wheelin')
9. Having to worry about law enforcement busting me looking at my phone (only when stopped of course)
8. Not catching up to that sweet looking rig in front of me (Like this morning. Dang this 3.8L minivan engine!)
7. Having to deal with last-minute Johnnies exiting from the fast lane
6. Idiots who don't know (or care) what YIELD means.
5. Road rage (Really! does getting all bent out of shape make the situation any better?)
4. Idiots who speed up when you signal in order to prevent you from changing lanes (Come on! One Jeep (not car; kittens are safe) is not gonna make you any later.)
3. Watching the steadily declining mpg indicator (as if it were high to begin with)
2. Jeepers who don't wave back (or worse, look at you and ignore you!)
1. Not having the wife and kids with me
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copy then paste

Your list mimics what I would write. I could drive near you my friend, our convoy would be happy motoring experience.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

It would be the same for me..... If i had a job
Old 10-28-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Well my commute is less than 5 miles, so I have to take the long way to and from work just to enjoy my the ride!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Yep. That's pretty much how my poor 1968 Mustang coupe feels. I'm a bad mustang dad. The Jeep gets all the money and attention while the stang languishes in misery.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a 6 mile commute, it's great never see any other vehicles, go at about 60km/hr lots of deer, moose, coyotes, rabits, pheasants, and the odd racoon to dodge. just your typical comute, no dislikes on my list except that i'm on my way to work.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mariner
I have a 6 mile commute, it's great never see any other vehicles, go at about 60km/hr lots of deer, moose, coyotes, rabits, pheasants, and the odd racoon to dodge. just your typical comute, no dislikes on my list except that i'm on my way to work.
You, my friend just, plain suck! If I saw all that stuff on the way into work, I wouldn't even get to work.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Default Update!

Today was perfect. Acheived like #6 this morning. 52 deg F, sunny and clear. Traffic was very light coming in too.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Junkie

Today was a good day!

So, I was taking my oldest daughter to school this morning. On the way in I managed to maneuver myself into formation behind a very nice looking black JKU Sahara with what looked like 33's on aftermarket rims and spacers. It's always fun flying in formation. As we approach a stop sign in front of an elementary school, I'm treated to a very pleasant surprise. Two other JKU Sahara's flying in formation coming from the opposite direction. So there we were 4 JKU Sahara's driving slow thru a school zone, checkin' out each others rigs with Jeep waves flying everywhere.

The big bonus was that the second Jeep coming from the opposite direction was a another sunburst orange. I know the owner, she is a former UT basketball player, and I'm pretty sure she has her rig now because of my rig. We had several conversations last year about it.

Like I said, today was a good day! I love my Jeep!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

BUMP! - With summer rapidly approaching and many tops coming off faster than the hair on top of my head I thought I'd see if anybody had anything to add to this thread.

Let's hear it!

Quick Reply: Top 10 Lists