Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tools on front bumper

Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tools on front bumper

I've been saving these two mounting spots on my ARB front bumper until I could make up my mind on what I needed the most.
I think I have decided on mounting my axe there.... it seems that on most of the trails I do I'm ALWAYS getting in the back for my axe. And sometimes closing my LOD tire holder with the 35" spare on STEEP inclines is a challenge
Sooooo,,, quick fist clamps??? Should work.
Any other ideas?

Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Former Member

What kind of axe handle is it (wood or composite)? Are you planning on leaving it there all the time or just when you head out to the trails?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dwhitt74
What kind of axe handle is it (wood or composite)? Are you planning on leaving it there all the time or just when you head out to the trails?
The one I have now is wood,,, it's pretty beat up,, may buy a new composite. And I will just put it on when I'm headed to the trails.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's not an axe, but I put my hi-lift on the ARB front bumper figuring that I would need that more than an axe or any other large tool on the trail.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by utjeeper
It's not an axe, but I put my hi-lift on the ARB front bumper figuring that I would need that more than an axe or any other large tool on the trail.

What do you use to mount it to the bumper?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hdrider
What do you use to mount it to the bumper?
I just ran a high grade bolt up through the bottom of the flange. I then drilled a hole through two rubber bushings that sit on top the flange. The jack rests on the rubber bushings with the bolt going through an opening in the jack shaft, then there is a washer and nut on top of the jack to tie it down. It made it from Utah to Tahoe, over the Rubicon and back to Utah with no problems. Seems to do the trick, with no noise or vibrations either.

Quick Reply: Tools on front bumper