Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tool troll: Do you have one too?

Old 02-23-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I left a mallet on my stupid huge plastic factory bumper once. For a few days.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tjkamp
That 10mm is especially bad. I think they secretly have legs and can walk away. I'm seriously contemplating the next time I am in Sears buying a handful of them. Of course that means the next time I work on the Jeep I'll be missing ten 10mm sockets instead of just one.
Oh god I can't believe I'm reading this. I swear to I have sworn up and down about the 10mm socket that I can never find. I am absolutely telling you the truth I have told my son many times that the frrikkin 10mm socket is the one socket you can never find when you need it. I once took my sim to the auto store just for a frrikkin 10mm and of the rows and rows of sockets available to buy, the 10mm section was the only empty section. This was after we both looked through my collection of a trillion sockets and found an endless supply of 9mm' and 11mm's, but no 10. One day we were walking the dogs and my son found a socket on the ground. "DAD!!! You're not gonna believe this. ITS A 10MM!!!" We danced and screamed like we won the Super bowl. Seriously WTF is with the 10mm!!!!???? So this 10mm thing isn't just in my head??? WTF!!!

For the record I keep that 10mm socket in a special place: it's in plain site in a groove on my dresser AT ALL TIMES. Come at me 10mm socket troll! Come and get you piece of shit! I'll f%#k you up!!!

Last edited by spartan99; 02-23-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
Oh god I can't believe I'm reading this. I swear to I have sworn up and down about the 10mm socket that I can never find. I am absolutely telling you the truth I have told my son many times that the frrikkin 10mm socket is the one socket you can never find when you need it. I once took my sim to the auto store just for a frrikkin 10mm and of the rows and rows of sockets available to buy, the 10mm section was the only empty section. This was after we both looked through my collection of a trillion sockets and found an endless supply of 9mm' and 11mm's, but no 10. One day we were walking the dogs and my son found a socket on the ground. "DAD!!! You're not gonna believe this. ITS A 10MM!!!" We danced and screamed like we won the Super bowl. Seriously WTF is with the 10mm!!!!???? So this 10mm thing isn't just in my head??? WTF!!! For the record I keep that 10mm socket in a special place: it's in plain site in a groove on my dresser AT ALL TIMES. Come at me 10mm socket troll! Come and get you piece of shit! I'll f%#k you up!!!
Haha! For sure! 9 and 11mm are a dime a dozen, that 10mm though, it's pure gold! I find the next hardest one to keep track of is the 14 mm. It isn't as bad, but it is the same way, 13's and 15's all over the place, not one damn 14 in the whole mix! I feel that the SAE side of the tool box is much more well behaved, well except for that 9/16. 9/16 is a sneaky little $**t as well, always hiding and and there is always a 7/16 waiting to trick you out!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tjkamp
Haha! For sure! 9 and 11mm are a dime a dozen, that 10mm though, it's pure gold! I find the next hardest one to keep track of is the 14 mm. It isn't as bad, but it is the same way, 13's and 15's all over the place, not one damn 14 in the whole mix! I feel that the SAE side of the tool box is much more well behaved, well except for that 9/16. 9/16 is a sneaky little $**t as well, always hiding and and there is always a 7/16 waiting to trick you out!
Can't believe I'm hearing this. I thought I was the only one!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
Anyone have a key on their keychain that they don't know what it goes to but are to scared to throw it away and then find out where they needed it and not have it?
No key, but a few screws and nuts in my cup holders...Jeep still runs
Old 02-24-2015, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was looking everywhere last week for this wrench Found it today! I think I'll just leave that SOB there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-894581786.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	598504

Quick Reply: Tool troll: Do you have one too?