Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tool troll: Do you have one too?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tool troll: Do you have one too?

Any time I work on my Jeep, I'll put down a tool, and it'll be gone when I get back to it, then I'll spend 30 minutes looking all over for it, then it'll reappear. I'm thinking this troll works with the sock troll.

Thoughts?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had these same experiences. I believe the diagnosis is called CRS. CRS is short for Can't Remember Shit. It is especially bad when I place an item or tool in a place that "I KNOW" I will find it. Like the other day putting my utility knife on top of the golf cart so the kids wouldn't get it. Looked for it for a day and went to buy another one. As soon as I got home I saw it. But in all seriousness I believe it iis the excessive focus on whatever the project may be and then neglecting to notice the little things.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My father in Law and I are JK fiends.... He has a huge shop with tons of tool boxes, welders and all sorts of goodies he has accumulated through the years.
I am his tool troll.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I especially love when I'm like, "where the ****c is that god **** 10mm socket?!" --and I've done something ingenious like put it in my pocket, just 5 minutes before, telling myself "hang on to this, you'll need it in a minute."
Old 02-23-2015, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I especially love when I'm like, "where the ****c is that god **** 10mm socket?!" --and I've done something ingenious like put it in my pocket, just 5 minutes before, telling myself "hang on to this, you'll need it in a minute."
That 10mm is especially bad. I think they secretly have legs and can walk away. I'm seriously contemplating the next time I am in Sears buying a handful of them. Of course that means the next time I work on the Jeep I'll be missing ten 10mm sockets instead of just one.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

The troll gets worse as you get older... I sometimes forget what I was looking for. 😁
Old 02-23-2015, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

CRS is a serious illness. It can attack at any age, not just the old but also the old at heart (those of us that look forward to the days of drinking coffee in our pajamas on the porch in the afternoon and yelling at the neighbor kids to stay off the lawn). I personally suffer from early onset CRS. Just ask my fiancé, or at least I think that is what she called it. I don't remember.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I once found tools under the hood I must have left there 4 days earlier.
Was surprised they were still there after 200 miles.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

threw the years working on vehicles I have found many tools under the hood. The oddest was a 24" pry bar in between the radiator and condenser.
I am not innocent. Just yesterday someone on a forum wanted a measurement so I took my measuring tape outside and got the information. Since it was warm out I did a few other things. Then took the family to lunch 2 miles from the house. When leaving the restaurant I approached the Jeep on the passenger side and saw the tape measurer setting on the passenger front fender.
don't know how it made it.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

There would be a lot more replies to this thread but by the time some had read all the posts and got to the bottom, they forgot what they where reading in the first place. Then they reached into their pocket and found a 10mm and key that they have no clue where it goes.
Anyone have a key on their keychain that they don't know what it goes to but are to scared to throw it away and then find out where they needed it and not have it?

Quick Reply: Tool troll: Do you have one too?