Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

took my doors off!!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default took my doors off!!

sorry, not necessarily worthy of a new thread, but I just got my JK back in March, and this weekend is the first time since then that it has a) been warm enough, and b) not been raining for more than one day at a time (which is a big deciding factor for doors off when you live in an apartment on the back side of the building and don't like hauling those heavy fockers that far and back for only a day of enjoyment)... would love to get a set of Bestop soft doors to throw in the back in case of rain and leave the doors off all summer, but I'm on a limited budget when it comes to the JK, and there are better places I could probably spend $450... anyway, it's supposed to be in the 80s all weekend without 0% chance of precipitation until Tuesday or Wednesday, so those babies are staying off for at least 3 or 4 days, and I'm loving it!

sorry about the crappy cell phone pic... too lazy to get out the real camera...
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doors off always feels like I'm really driving my Jeep.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

think we need one of those foot pegs mounted like the bikers have so we can hang outside the jeep some
Old 05-30-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by possumface
think we need one of those foot pegs mounted like the bikers have so we can hang outside the jeep some
That is a benefit of the factory side steps - a place to rest the foot when doorless.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Very nice! Bestop Superdoors are my next purchase after 35's. It's sunny here every day in the summer and a storm rolls in like clockwork after lunch everyday. Hard to leave the top down or doors off for consecutive days in the mountains!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by possumface
They make em already...

http ://www.allthingsjeep.com/jeep-foot-pegs.html
Old 05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice, took mine off today too. I'm in a simular situation, few sunny days and an appartment to store them in. Looks like they'll be off until wednesday when I go on a 600km trip. It feels... right. Haha.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Once you take em off it's dang hard to put em back on (mentally speaking, physically speaking it's no prob)
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

doors have been off for at least two weeks. through the sun and rain. it is a JEEP, it is made to do that!!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question Sub

Is my inifinty rear sub waterproof? I get worried leaving the rear windows off, should I be?

Quick Reply: took my doors off!!