Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today

Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today

I didnt realize its against law to not have mirrors...ran all summer without them...got lucky i guess...go to the Harley Davidson store on Memorial...get some foot pegs..you'll be glad you did....
Where would you mount the foot pegs? You have any pictures of them mounted to the Jeep?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Where would you mount the foot pegs? You have any pictures of them mounted to the Jeep?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
you put them on the lower hing...i bought the cheeper ones and they work great..26 bucks..i got a 2.5 inch screw..2 washers..and a lock washer for the bottom..sorry ...no pics..you can really mod it how you want...my wife hated the doors off...until i got the pegs...i just used my imagination figuring out a way to make it work....
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Coondog33
I didnt realize its against law to not have mirrors...ran all summer without them...got lucky i guess...go to the Harley Davidson store on Memorial...get some foot pegs..you'll be glad you did....
pick up a mirror too while you are there
Old 09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PainKiller
pick up a mirror too while you are there
yup...re location mounts are ordered..
Old 09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

Sad day for me. Went out today with some buddies of mine, it rained all day and fill the tub to the door sill. Haha. Had to put the top, doors and windows back on because it's still raining. And apparently it's supposed to do it all day tomorrow. Thank god for floor plugs, huh? Hopefully my seats will be dry by tomorrow when I go to pick up the girl.

So sad though. I hate having it all on, and it's all been off for about five weeks, and all the females love riding topless
Old 09-26-2010, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

I refuse to put the top on, raining in Geogia, Jeep in the garage with the top off. I guess I will have to just sit at the house until it stops raining.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by brickybobby
all the females love riding topless
Yes, yes they do
Old 09-27-2010, 03:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Coondog33
All states could be different but in all states I have lived in you need two (2) ways to look back. One (1) is the rearview mirror the other (2) is to turn your head. So... in most states it is legal to just have your rearview mirror if the line of sight is not blocked i.e. if you have a large box in the back seat. Same way with a motorcycle, one mirror does the trick.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

after a week of sun, low humidity and 90s last week I had to put it all back together over the weekend so that now we can have a week of typical ohio weather... rain, clouds, drear, and low 60s..... I really dislike cold and rain....

as for mirrors I dont like relo brackets because when the doors are on the mirrors esp the passenger side are tough to see.. I use lange quick mirrors for when I have the soft doors on or no doors on at all....

they easily remove for when the metal doors are on...

unfortunately in ohio here the metal doors may be on till spring... unless we get lucky and have warm weather return
-Christopher

Quick Reply: Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today