Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today

Old 09-26-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today

Well its 65 degrees outside today and mostly cloudy and I decided I would pull the doors off my 2010 Sahara and the front part of the freedom top. Well my girlfriend wasn't a fan of it this day of course cause she acts like its freezing cold and she may get frostbite or something so she refused to ride along with me. I went for a ride by myself and it was surprisingly a lot more fun to drive without the doors. So I'm going to have to do this more often. I'm sure my girlfriend is scared to ride in it doorless even on days where it would be 90 degrees outside.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations

I took my doors off yesterday myself too. It looks like the 10 day forecast has us in the mid-70s all week, with a 0% chance of rain

Since you're running with no doors, don't forget to put a side mirror on. You wouldn't want to get a ticket. I've noticed the motocycle cops out in force on the BA.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Default The lady will learn to love it

Georgia is going to get a few days of rain, so I had to put my top and doors on for the first time in about 4 weeks. The wife was more upset about it than I was!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes! First use of the emoticon! And I think I did it right too!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today

Congratulations

I took my doors off yesterday myself too. It looks like the 10 day forecast has us in the mid-70s all week, with a 0% chance of rain

Since you're running with no doors, don't forget to put a side mirror on. You wouldn't want to get a ticket. I've noticed the motocycle cops out in force on the BA.
I didn't put mirrors on. Guess I need the mirror relocate kit.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Sweet. We took our doors off on our jeep for the first time today as well. It was a beautiful day and the temp was perfect. Kinda strange not having mirrors, gonna have to do something about that. But it is definitely something we'll be doing more off in the future.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes! First use of the emoticon! And I think I did it right too!
I didn't think it was worthless to mention, just my first time and experience with it plus I learned something posting this and maybe its common sense but need mirror relocate brackets with doors off. Regardless I just wanted to try it out to see what the Jeep thing is about.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet. We took our doors off on our jeep for the first time today as well. It was a beautiful day and the temp was perfect. Kinda strange not having mirrors, gonna have to do something about that. But it is definitely something we'll be doing more off in the future.
Like me, thinking about mirror relocate brackets. I'm gona do a search to see if anyone has done a write up on this mirror relocate bracket kit and see how hard or easy it is to complete.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Like me, thinking about mirror relocate brackets. I'm gona do a search to see if anyone has done a write up on this mirror relocate bracket kit and see how hard or easy it is to complete.

I had mine off with all the windows zipped out.

I call this soft top safari mode.

I have the Mopar relo kit.

My doors are off a bunch in the summer.

Pretty simple to do.

FWIW: A headband and a dirty dog sun shade seems to help the ladies riding shotgun. It keeps the hair in one spot and the wind to a min.

Actually my wife prefers safari mode. Less wind with top up, and all the doors and windows removed.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

I didnt realize its against law to not have mirrors...ran all summer without them...got lucky i guess...go to the Harley Davidson store on Memorial...get some foot pegs..you'll be glad you did....

Quick Reply: Took doors and front part off top off for 1st time today