Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine mods are for comfort not for extreme use. My Jeep will go to my daughter in 2 years so I don't plan to sink thousands on this JK. I use it on fire trails, dirt roads and other easy use. I'm way past having to impress anyone. The best mod I have on my JK is the title...the no payment mod in my opinion beats any mod :-).
Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BroncoCarl
Mine mods are for comfort not for extreme use. My Jeep will go to my daughter in 2 years so I don't plan to sink thousands on this JK. I use it on fire trails, dirt roads and other easy use. I'm way past having to impress anyone. The best mod I have on my JK is the title...the no payment mod in my opinion beats any mod :-).
Climb rocks, hit hard trails, do some fun stuff. Your stocker can handle almost all of it. Go with others and have someone with a winch and tow straps just in case. And you'll do fine. It's incredible how much of off roading is 90% driver, 10% rig. Picking good lines, experience and common sense beat lockers, big tires and lifts any day.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

My parents are retired and full time RV'rs who own a stock 08 Sahara, but I would bet you money they off road it more than 90% of the people that are on here talking smack. It's amazing where they take that stock rig. I'm positive they get the most bang for the buck, and that's without even touching on the lifetime warrenty.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Revolution1
I see to many stock jk's & jku's driving around now-a-days. So what was your reason for modding your jk or not modding your jk? Everytime I see a stick jeep. I think...poor jeep!
i had a unlimited JK - 2008, and had the MODs on that vehicle...... 2.5 Pro-Com lift kit, 35 inch Pro-Com's M/T's, Throttle Body, Airaid and Banks Exhaust. I had a weak moment in my life and bought an H2, and although it was a nice truck...which was also lifted, etc ,etc, I couldn't wait to get bak into a JK. I just purchased a Black Unlimited Sport S, and I'm in two minds whether to do all the MODs all over again, as I love the feel of the Jeep without the Heavy tires, etc ,etc.

I more or less bought the jeep understanding it's a cool vehicle to own, and the fact I can switch between the hard and soft top, and no top at all.

I love the forum, as there are some deals you can get to not make it another $ 8-10K in added accessories !!!

I see from the info below I need to change my Profile....not a 2008 anymore....now a 2012

Last edited by The Brit; 06-03-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its better to have a stock jeep than no jeep at all

Nuff said
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I started with a stock jeep. Now I have one. Then do some trails and are amazed at what a stock jeep can do. So I put a little protection on it. Then I add this , then that . Then I want to do harder trails so I lift it and add bigger tires. Bumpers and a winch. Then I bow want to do anything out there so pro rock 44 front , lockers front and back and even bigger tires. Seats and flats. I loved the way a stock jeep can off road. But it is like a addiction. once you get the bug and can slowly build you end up where I am today. By choice. But if I could not afford all the mods ( and in is expensive ) I would have been happy with just my stock Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image005_6.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	324987   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2498.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	324988  
Old 06-03-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris

Climb rocks, hit hard trails, do some fun stuff. Your stocker can handle almost all of it. Go with others and have someone with a winch and tow straps just in case. And you'll do fine. It's incredible how much of off roading is 90% driver, 10% rig. Picking good lines, experience and common sense beat lockers, big tires and lifts any day.
As my Dad used to say- Earnhardt could probably take a Volkswagen on the track and still somehow win- its not so much about the vehicle but how it's driven. He hated Chevrolets but had the utmost respect for Earnhardt due to HOW and WHAT he could make the car do. Just agreeing with you even more on your 90% driver statement.
My Dad passed away couple yrs ago and I still struggle with it- please no sarcastic comments- he was merely making a point and would be out of humor. But it was true
Old 06-03-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put a CB in mine. Then I put a ... and on and on it went.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Revolution1
I see to many stock jk's & jku's driving around now-a-days. So what was your reason for modding your jk or not modding your jk? Everytime I see a stick jeep. I think...poor jeep!
Lol. I don't wheel. Don't like the mountain and the woods. My jk is for Beach only! Gotta look good for the beach. You know that! Doing AEV snorkel and more lights later this year

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3478811654.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	326017
Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Except for weather mats & a fuel door cover, I've been driving stock JKs since 2008.
Coolest toy I've owned, they changed all the things I griped about in 2012. Maybe I'll buy overbuilt heavy bumpers, add 80# per wheel, winch, armor, etc. to make it slower and get 200-240 miles per tank...
Make the right stuff like:
Gimme a lightweight good looking bumper with a removeable winch receiver, quick connect cables and a winch, 2012 aluminum tranny line skid, lightweight true 34s n rims, 1.5- 2" lift, AEV puter, & money to pay for it and I'll have it shipped to my door.

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?