Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by panthermark
Looking at the title of this thread (too many stock jk's!! reason?), along with the initial post.....I'm not sure what the OP was expecting. A flame war between those with mods and those that don't? It sure seems like that was the intent being that initial positioning of this thread was "Stock = bad...explain yourself". Now the OP is saying other people are over-sensitive and calling them pussies.

Interesting.....
Seems to be little more than a forum troll.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Stock for now, modded when it's paid off, or when the warranty is up, whichever comes first.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I put better on rocker armour and Mopar slush mats in mine. Nor sure if this counts for mods. Coming from a '98 XJ, I'm really pleased with the level of off-road and dare I say luxury of my 2010 JKUR. I have other commitments, and the rubi does me just fine.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Simple...can't afford to medium/heavily mod it after child support, rent, gas, Jeep payments, and other expenses life throws at ya! I see it this way, people don't mod because it's capable enough out of the gate for what they want it for.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Well for me it went like this. I bought my rubi because it didnt have to be modded. Sure someday I may mod it, but I just got done with building my car. I put 30k into the car and decided the jeep was going to be different. I would leave it be. I will do some things like 2 inch lift and bigger tires, lights. maybe bumpers if I ruin my stock ones. But the rubi is fun to wheel as is and suits my needs.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

What's funny is when that stock JK outwheels your built rig on the trails. I've seen it happen and did it myself. Don't be dissing stockers. You'll be surprised how much they can do.

To me it's better to have a stock JK that's easily serviced, saves gas and drives well (but still trail rides like a champ) than have a built rig that never sees dirt.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Revolution1

Everyone else got it...
He's saying you're a troll.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
What's funny is when that stock JK outwheels your built rig on the trails. I've seen it happen and did it myself. Don't be dissing stockers. You'll be surprised how much they can do.

To me it's better to have a stock JK that's easily serviced, saves gas and drives well (but still trail rides like a champ) than have a built rig that never sees dirt.
True, but I still wouldn't run completely stock without some armor haha.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I drool over the sick lift kits and big tires... I need another job. Cut my fenders, diy cargo net, diy sun shade, topless and doorless... Guess I'm modded on a budget. :-)
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke

True, but I still wouldn't run completely stock without some armor haha.
Unless you do big rocks you don't need armor either. Its extra weight. 2011's and prior may need an evap skid but the pentastar models come with one. My buddy ran most of Moab on a stock rubi with stock skids. Scratched and bashed the crap out of them on those rocks. Made it thru and drove home safe.

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?