Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Revolution1
I would look at yourselves. Your holding someone on a pedestal because of status. Do you also kiss the tires on his jeep? He said he didn't understand when several other people understood and replied with interesting statements. Which tells me he DID understand and just wanted to a dick.
(You can lead them to the water but you can't make them drink) why not stop the personal attacks and get back to the thread and it attended use that you started and use your own advice (have a friendly convo )

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77

(You can lead them to the water but you can't make them drink) why not stop the personal attacks and get back to the thread and it attended use that you started and use your own advice (have a friendly convo )

Stop thinking your forum police and I will
Old 05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Information is forum police, that's just your perception (which you are entitled too ) but the real police on the forum is it's moderators

Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In Albuquerque, NM Stock is the exception. More often I see modified jeeps. (All years).
Old 05-30-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

You started this thread and what I don't understand is why you bought a jeep. You don't care about the people and their jeeps, or why we all bought our jeeps why we do what we do to our jeeps what we all like and don't like. When someone replies to your thread you don't tell them to leave because you don't like what they said. You better know what knowledge is because when the time comes when you need advise about something this is the place to turn to for help and answers. So start learning how to care about everyone.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKJA10

You started this thread and what I don't understand is why you bought a jeep. You don't care about the people and their jeeps, or why we all bought our jeeps why we do what we do to our jeeps what we all like and don't like. When someone replies to your thread you don't tell them to leave because you don't like what they said. You better know what knowledge is because when the time comes when you need advise about something this is the place to turn to for help and answers. So start learning how to care about everyone.
Lol I don't need a forum for tech info or id be posting in the tech forums. And now you idiots are trying to tell me what do when I never told the old guy what do to. Just suggested it. You people are way to text sensitive. Pussies.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Can't wait to see what that stirs up. Lol you people fall for controversy to easy. I bet y'all can't even argue or debate in person without crying. I could say I like trees and somebody on here would find a way to get offended.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mredkilledmyz
I had a TJ before this Jeep and I did a bunch of mods (lift, tires, swaybar disconnects, track bar, control arms, gears, different types of tops, etc.) but all of that stuff added up really quickly and because of its age it seemed like every other time it was in the shop was to replace a worn part or fix something that was broken.

Now I have a JKUR that I bought in June 2011 (about to have my 1 year anniversary). Personally I love the way my Jeep is stock and that's a good thing considering I paid well over $30K for it. Since I have other priorities in my life right now (saving my money for things like a rainy day, a house, retirement, vacations, concerts, etc.) and a huge car payment, I would really hate to start modding and breaking things on a vehicle I still owe money on. The longer I go with the Jeep being stock the more I think I like it stock.

I have done little things like the Quadratec floorliners, Yakima roof rack, and Rugged Ridge doorless mirror brackets so I could enjoy the jeep a little more for what I want but other than those things I am kind of digging the Jeep in stock trim. Sure I would love to do a huge lift and tires, motor swap, winch (will do this eventually), bumpers, body armor, and all the other goodies but like many others have said, that all costs a lot of scratch and in my old age (30) I guess I would rather see a swoll bank account than a swoll Jeep right now.

That's the whole reason I didn't buy a sport or X from the beginning and just mod the hell out of it, I knew I wasn't going to be able to mess with it for a while and wanted to get something that had pretty much everything I wanted from the start.

I don't see anything wrong with this, looks pretty bad-ass to me:
I agree, nice looking jeep!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

No mods on mine till the warranty is up, why give Chrysler another reason not to to fix something? Even after the warranty is up, my modifications will probably be minor anyway. I'm pretty stoked by my Jeep just the way it is :-).
Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When I started thinking about mods I never really considered what it would look like. Everything I've done so far has been for the purpose making it work better on the trail. If what I did couldn't be seen from the outside, it wouldn't matter much to me.

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?