Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Revolution1
I see to many stock jk's & jku's driving around now-a-days. So what was your reason for modding your jk or not modding your jk? Everytime I see a stick jeep. I think...poor jeep!
MONEY!!! That's what's holding me back. I have a 2 hour daily commute...times 4-7 days a week=a lot of gas money.

I'm working two jobs now. Saving for mods and then I decide I want to travel or buy necessities.

So poor Jeep. At least it sees mud and dirt roads.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still stock - not the typical owner

After I bought my Unlimited Sport, I bought the max care lifetime extended service contract and subsequently a Freedom hardtop; so, within 6 months of buying a new Jeep I already spent another ~ $5,000
If I was going to change anything it would be the steel wheels, but it's not worth the $ whith all of life's other needs.
And to the horror of most Wrangler owners: Not only have I not modified it, I have not taken it off road! Also, I prefer the Freedom hardtop over the soft top; removing the front panels and rolling down the windows has been good enough.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the previous poster.
IV had mine since 09 and have made a few changes
but nothing drastic.
One of the items on the Jeep that I still havent figured the reasoning for, is why they put 17" rims on the
X and Rubi but did a misjustice by putting 18" rims on the Unlimited?
IMHO, the more crap is changed is just more crap to have something go wrong.

Last edited by donnie; 06-14-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

I plan on keeping my JKU at least until my 6 year old can drive (my wife and I actually told him he could have it on the way home from the dealer). As someone who normally buys a vehicle every 3-4 years, I plan on doing mods to "keep it new" over time. I have never really modded any of my cars other than wheels/tires and sound systems; am looking forward to gradually add larger wheels/tires, a 2.5" lift, 4.10 axle, etc..... when time and money permits.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OJK12
personally i have to agree with so many others on this, the jeep is already the most capable 4x4 made out of the box the things you do only make it better so really why do you have to mod it? if your only gonna see light trail duty and highway then it will do great things in stock form. besides some people dont have the funds and lets face it the more things you mod the harder you wheel the more stuff you break, which is cool if you got the cash flow for it. myself im trying keep as much of my jeep stock as i can for now, to see what i can and cant do with it. when something breaks ill fix it or upgrade but ive been down the overkill mod road with other vehicles and its easy to get bored with them if you do everything right away. the best part about jeeps is you can build it one way, then if you get tired of it take it all off and build it another. i say who cares if you mod it or leave it stock we are all here because we love jeeps not because we are trying to single out only one type of jeeps. i respect all jeepers not just the ones with deep pockets.
Totally agree with you and the majority...Couldnt have said it better myself.....
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Mine looks pretty stock because I only upgrade when something breaks. I have been able to go pretty much everywhere in the relatively stock 07 JK I have.

I live by the rule of don't fix it if it ain't broken.

But once it breaks... It's work for the UPS guy
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Most folks are satisfied with the stock Jk. I am as well. Being an old school knucklehead Aka old man, I just enjoy playing with it and making it more unique. The combinations are endless and it's great fun for me and my kids. I wish I had deeper pockets to play more, but I don't. I love to see the creativity of the folks building jeeps. Truly amazing.

So deep or shallow pockets...rock crawler or mall crawler...stock or modified. Enjoy that Jeep... If ya get a chance get those kids out there and learn together and make it something that they will tell there friends about. The joy from my very mild mods is unbelievable when I hear my 17 year old son describing how him and his Dad did work on the Jeep.

Keep rolling and waving.....

Ol' Bob
Old 06-14-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rgk401
You was a noob at one time!!!
Im still a noob
Old 06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol' Bob
Most folks are satisfied with the stock Jk. I am as well. Being an old school knucklehead Aka old man, I just enjoy playing with it and making it more unique. The combinations are endless and it's great fun for me and my kids. I wish I had deeper pockets to play more, but I don't. I love to see the creativity of the folks building jeeps. Truly amazing.

So deep or shallow pockets...rock crawler or mall crawler...stock or modified. Enjoy that Jeep... If ya get a chance get those kids out there and learn together and make it something that they will tell there friends about. The joy from my very mild mods is unbelievable when I hear my 17 year old son describing how him and his Dad did work on the Jeep.

Ol' Bob
Yep, well said. . .
Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ol' Bob

Ol' Bob
Very well put, sir

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?