Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does it matter...

I bought a 12 JKU Sport S and besides buying new tires in the next several months and adding several other things, CB radio, handles, maybe rails, I don't plan on doing anything else. I like being able to take the doors and top off, love the way the Jeep handles, and will add everything when I feel like it.

I started trolling on Jeep forums several months ago when I decided to get a Jeep and now that I have one I seem to notice there are a lot of Jeep elitists out there whether it's in regards to waving, type of Jeep initially bought, and whether not you mod a Jeep.

There are five guys with Jeeps in my neighborhood. They are all modded but have yet to see anything other than the blacktop in the past six months. I've done more than them in my stock JK with 16 in rims and Wrangler STs .

Bottom line- I love my Jeep. I have other hobbies like guns/range time, spoiling my kids, vacations, and saving for retirement (so I can buy a bad ass Jeep and drive over yours in 35 years)

Your thread makes you sound like a tool.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good points.

Don't worry, the original poster had his fit, called us all names, and ran off to cry ten days ago. Sand in his mangina and all.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

I left mine stock just to annoy you.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

noobs and soccer moms
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

You was a noob at one time!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

because who really has the money to dump all the extras into their Jeep in this economy?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

unfourtanly most people bought as an SUV not a jeep.... thats why they never do the jeep wave... i moved to alaska and seems nobody knows whats the jeep wave.. but 1 of every 5 cars is a wrangler
Old 06-09-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mods or not, it's all a jeep thing and all good! I started mods for better flex/offroad capabilities, and simply the sweet appearance. Unfortunately, the mod thing is addictive and expensive. For me, it has been worth it, I get buzzed every time I get in my jeep and drive, love it.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77

A Jeep is like an artist's easel it has it's base "the canvas" and it allows you to be a realist, an expressionist and everything in between, so paint away my friends, show yourself and let it be you.

This is the best description I've seen. Thanks 33 for summing it up... I'm dying to take my 2011 JK from stock to a unique work of art. The only thing holding me back is $$$ - have list ready to tackle as the funds become available, starting with 33" Duratracs!

I think the best thing about Wranglers is the number of options we have and how each mod is a reflection of the personality of the driver.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

personally i have to agree with so many others on this, the jeep is already the most capable 4x4 made out of the box the things you do only make it better so really why do you have to mod it? if your only gonna see light trail duty and highway then it will do great things in stock form. besides some people dont have the funds and lets face it the more things you mod the harder you wheel the more stuff you break, which is cool if you got the cash flow for it. myself im trying keep as much of my jeep stock as i can for now, to see what i can and cant do with it. when something breaks ill fix it or upgrade but ive been down the overkill mod road with other vehicles and its easy to get bored with them if you do everything right away. the best part about jeeps is you can build it one way, then if you get tired of it take it all off and build it another. i say who cares if you mod it or leave it stock we are all here because we love jeeps not because we are trying to single out only one type of jeeps. i respect all jeepers not just the ones with deep pockets.

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?