Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sykkmon
Lol. I don't wheel. Don't like the mountain and the woods. My jk is for Beach only! Gotta look good for the beach. You know that! Doing AEV snorkel and more lights later this year

Attachment 326017
Nice Jeep.
What rims are those?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

modding isn't for everyone ! That being said, I modded mine to be more capable off-road, better ground clearance... and it looks awesome in my opinion !!!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started modding my 2011 the week after I got it. Lifted it within 6 months.

Modding a vehicle takes a special kind of person. Especially a new one.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default modded jeeps

You just gotted love the look of a modded lifted jeep
Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by donnie

Nice Jeep.
What rims are those?
Thank you. Those are procomp 1089 but I paint it them black semi-gloss. I like the semi gloss better than the flat black wheels. So now I call them Procomp 7089SG.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait to do more mods to my new 12 but have to pay off wife's car first so for now it's free and super penny pinch mods. The ones where she sees them and goes when did u get those a few weeks after the fact. By the way any local so cal peeps have an extra cb mount antenna and cable laying around that they can give away. I got a free cb but I need the rest.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
JK Newbie

2012 2dr Sahara, bone stock, besides Polk speaker replacements and a powered Bazooka. I have no reason for any other mods, and that doesn't justify spending the time and money, until I have more of both.

I love convertables, maybe because I'm a little claustrophobic, maybe to get a little sunlight while going from home to the office. I used to have an MR2 Spyder. Loved it. Until I tried to drive it on a snow dusted road and completely lost control.

I had enough of the rear wheel drive and wanted a 4x4 that wouldn't let me down. Had to be a convertable!

That was Dec. 2007, bought a '07 Sahara JKU the following weekend. Was t-boned by a mini-van 3 weeks later, was screwed by insurance, and traded the wreck for a '08 Sahara JKU. Kept it stock for 4 years, never took it offroad. It got me through 4 winters driving in front, around, behind, and beyond the snow plows with child-like abandon.

Those are the reasons I got a Jeep. I couldn't come up with any reasons NOT to get a Jeep. Just because a Jeep is such a perfect recreational vehicle doesn't mean its going to waste if that's not what its used for.

I traded in my '08 4dr Sahara for a '12 2dr Sahara a couple months ago. The turning radius is much better, and I didn't need the rear storage.

I LOVE my Jeep. It gets me where I need to go, whenever I need to go - weather permitting? - heh, doesn't matter, weather always permits my stock Jeep. Peace out homies, word.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unger1313
You just gotted love the look of a modded lifted jeep
Hell ya I agree, makes me drool. The thing is, for many that is what thousands of dollars are spent for, looks. And I say, nothing wrong with that.

I have found that my unlifted Rubi does fine for me in anything I am willing to put it through. Because I have come to love it as my daily driver, I would not hard core rock crawl it even if it was modded with a lift and big tires.

Also, I would have to spend quite a few thousands for D60's and other things to keep from breaking stuff with bigger tires, even on the street.

Instead I bought an old buggy for a few grand I can trailer, beat the crap out of, it's lots less expensive to fix, and is also not my daily driver.

And also
Originally Posted by Redman333
I kept mine stock just to annoy you
Thats pretty funny.

Last edited by Yankee; 06-07-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Jul
JK Newbie

Default poor

Originally Posted by jeepjkchick
Maybe you should think.... Poor jeep owner.
That's me! Haha
i'm poor- and i like to eat. and mine is a daily driver....
modified or not, the jeep is UH-MAY-ZING!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jul

i'm poor- and i like to eat. and mine is a daily driver....
modified or not, the jeep is UH-MAY-ZING!
Well put bro!

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?