Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

too many stock jk's!! reason?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too many stock jk's!! reason?

I see to many stock jk's & jku's driving around now-a-days. So what was your reason for modding your jk or not modding your jk? Everytime I see a stick jeep. I think...poor jeep!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

First mod i did was grill inserts, and it has just taken off from there. I've definitely been bit by the mod bug....
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

In my opinion the stock JK sport that I bought was a little ugly. It had tiny tire, no nerf bars, and nothing really cool about the exterior. After putting 2500 into it during the first month of ownership I can honestly say it looks 100 times better! This is my first jeep, but no matter what car or truck I buy, I always have to do stuff to it! That's just me though!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Revolution1
I see to many stock jk's & jku's driving around now-a-days. So what was your reason for modding your jk or not modding your jk? Everytime I see a stick jeep. I think...poor jeep!
I don't understand your concern.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of us that got our jku young we dont have much money for mods i have done my grill inserts bedlined my grill rock sliders i bough used off the forum and made some mirrors when im naked but im 17 looking for a job for more mods
Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

I'm thinking that a lot of people buy Jeeps just because they like the versatility without having to MOD it. Or.... Some people just don't have the money to throw into it right away. This shit is expensive!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IV had mine since April 2009 and have made some mods, mostly cosmetic, to her.
Personally, Im on a limited budget, its called retired, and do what I need as I can.
Bad part is the list is longer than the funds to aquire said parts.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
I'm thinking that a lot of people buy Jeeps just because they like the versatility without having to MOD it. Or.... Some people just don't have the money to throw into it right away. This shit is expensive!!!
Shit IS expensive and thats why I love the forums... I've got good deals on here from people who upgrade. But ur right... "versatility without having to mod it" like going topless, and doorless to the beach... That alone makes it look awesome without having to buy shit. :-)
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I finally land my Wrangler, I plan on very little mods. The one that will be done will be mostly for comfort or safety. (speakers, headlights, trunk, ect....)

Not everyone will wheel. My big attraction to a Wrangler is the fact that it is a convertible that and also be used a daily driver, a winter vehicle, and a light tow vehicle.

I'm still going back and forth between 2 door and 4 door, stick and auto, 2012 or 2013.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Revolution1
Maybe you should think.... Poor jeep owner.
That's me! Haha

Quick Reply: too many stock jk's!! reason?