Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tom woods sucks

Old 10-14-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by highoctane
Just from reading the emails, it sounds to me like you would have a new driveshaft if you hadn't been such a prick from the get go. I think Tom Wodds knew the numbers and stories didn't make sense, and are full of holes. I'd say you shot yourself in the foot and have noone to blame but yourself.

Not many people will offer to help you, get treadted like crap, and continue to want to help you.
x2 he offered to replace the entire shaft over a u joint. Don't understand how that's not good enough.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing91
I definitely said that my info was based on my opinion and the guidelines and that some get away with it and some don't. On a 2 door rear upper control arms are recommended they will allow you to adjust rear pinion angle
My bad, I read the lower posts and didn't see the one further up where you had already talked about the pinion angles.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Tom Woods Front DS and have no problems whatsoever. I think you have escalated this far too quickly.....I dont think you have been reasonable and have jumped the gun. You need to give the company enough time to make things right.

You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar!

If someone came to me for help and was being difficult....I just dont help them!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing91
x2 he offered to replace the entire shaft over a u joint. Don't understand how that's not good enough.
No he didn't. The offer that magically never made it to me he claims was to fix the u joints.

sent from a super duper awesome EVO 3D
Old 10-16-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highoctane
Just from reading the emails, it sounds to me like you would have a new driveshaft if you hadn't been such a prick from the get go. I think Tom Woods knew the numbers and stories didn't make sense, and are full of holes. I'd say you shot yourself in the foot and have no one to blame but yourself.

Not many people will offer to help you, get treated like crap, and continue to want to help you.

I never got any offer of help, I was the one treated like Shit , and he said his bull Shit was too good to fail. After roughly 2300 miles of almost all highway use, a shop installed Tom woods crap shaft.gave out not one, but 2 ujoints in the same week. Then it took 2 weeks for woods to man up and respond and when he did respond he forgot what retaining customers and service was about. That's the whole story.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
so the first email they say send it in and we will fix it. Now i want to order a Drive shaft from them. thats better service than most companies.
This email was one I never got, nor was I called (i did leave 2 phone numbers).

Old 12-12-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever happened with this? Did the issue get resolved?

Quick Reply: Tom woods sucks