Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tom woods sucks

Old 10-12-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon10
Just my 2 cents. I called them about an issue and they were pleasant. However my problem wasnt resolved to my liking. I have never called them and had someone be rude. But I do notice that they kinda dont want to believe you as far as the issue you are having. They want you to ship them the shaft first and then they will decide if they will warranty it or not. I understand why they do this I just dont like it.
The guy was an uppity Dick on the phone but i was nice because I needed help. Fuck all of them at this point. This garbage shaft is coming off my jeep as soon as I get the money to switch to a coast driveshaft

sent from a super duper awesome EVO 3D
Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Truth told, I really don't care what happened,

But from what you've posted so far I think you were out of line to blast the guy on the forums and THEN try to get him to help you.

Interactions are two way streets. You don't blast the guy and then expect him to bend over backwards to help you.

But that's just how I see it.

and if you keep what doing what you did, you'll keep getting what you got.

That is all for me.

click: Thread Tools / Unsubscribe
I called him first. When i didn't get a response then I went online.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

if the tom woods arent any good, what is the right kind to get?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by pbloom95
if the tom woods arent any good, what is the right kind to get?
http://www.reeldriveline.com/catalog/

http://coastdriveline.com/
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade
The guy was an uppity Dick on the phone but i was nice because I needed help. Fuck all of them at this point. This garbage shaft is coming off my jeep as soon as I get the money to switch to a coast driveshaft

Just replace the joints with spicer. Most driveshafts are pretty much the same.

Last edited by Ryanc; 10-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They didn't put bearings in 2 caps on one ujoint and one on the other. How I should even to begin to foot the bill for repairs is beyond me. And for the record, I received no emails or calls from him until today

Honestly, if it had no bearings, you wouldn't have made it very far down the road before you'd know it.

If the rest of the shaft is fine, you should just change the joints and be done with it. Save your money, just cause a joint goes bad doesn't mean your whole shaft is.

Originally Posted by Ryanc
Just replace the joints with spicer. Most driveshafts are pretty much the same.
X2, and I should add that you have about a 50/50 shot of getting a balanced driveshaft from any online company. If yours is balanced, by all means keep it, just change joints.
Even if you order a new shaft from any vendor, you stand the chance of having to either send it back cause of balance prob or pay someone local to bal. if your understand my 50/50 comment.
Whether I think someone is a dick or not, I'd rather save myself some $$$ and think abit smarter rather than vindictive. Either way , hope you get it worked out without spending more than you need too.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

you will discover, that in this life that WE ALL ARE STRIVING TO SURVIVE, kindness to one another is a far better path than aggression, even under adversity.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jctnt1
you will discover, that in this life that WE ALL ARE STRIVING TO SURVIVE, kindness to one another is a far better path than aggression, even under adversity.
x2. I hope that the folks at Coast don't displease you. Wow! Lots of anger. I'd hate to be the one who overtoasts your bagel at the local coffee shop.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My clicking stock front driveshaft wouldn't make it very far.

Tom woods basically told me his driveshaft could never be faulty and i can go screw My self. So much for customer service. Even an offer of help would have sufficed at this point

We have known Tom Woods for a long time and this does not sound like something he would say. We have always had good customer service from him.

We run his driveshaft in our JK without any issues. We also use his driveshafts in our comp/race buggy. Broken many components over the years but never a driveshaft.

Anyways, I am sorry you are having an issue with your driveshaft, but I really feel if you talk with Tom Woods he will make things right.

Goodluck.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clayton Off Road Mfg.
We have known Tom Woods for a long time and this does not sound like something he would say. We have always had good customer service from him.

We run his driveshaft in our JK without any issues. We also use his driveshafts in our comp/race buggy. Broken many components over the years but never a driveshaft.

Anyways, I am sorry you are having an issue with your driveshaft, but I really feel if you talk with Tom Woods he will make things right.

Goodluck.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.
I've tried.talking. it took over a week just to get a response. If it wasn't for the great guys at dynatrac, I doubt Tom would have even known about my situation. To the vendors that have good Things to say and the ones that have helped, you have easily earned my future business. I'll plan my future mods accordingly and def. Do research before buying parts in the.future

Quick Reply: Tom woods sucks