Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tom woods sucks

Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade
Called again. No call back. Customer service Atleast warrants a call back. The clock is ticking. I almost lost my job over yesterday

sent from a super duper awesome EVO 3D
It's Saturday. I doubt you'll reach them. Is it the front shaft? You can drive w/o the front shaft. If it's the rear, just put it in 4wd and drive the jeep to work as a front wheel drive jeep. It won't hurt anything.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
It's Saturday. I doubt you'll reach them. Is it the front shaft? You can drive w/o the front shaft. If it's the rear, just put it in 4wd and drive the jeep to work as a front wheel drive jeep. It won't hurt anything.
It's the rear. I drive 45 mins each way and It's a stock shaft

Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the rear. I drive 45 mins each way and It's a stock shaft

I once drove a YJ for a week or so on a front driveshaft. You are risking getting fired from a job for what reason?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
I once drove a YJ for a week or so on a front driveshaft. You are risking getting fired from a job for what reason?
My clicking stock front driveshaft wouldn't make it very far.

Tom woods basically told me his driveshaft could never be faulty and i can go screw My self. So much for customer service. Even an offer of help would have sufficed at this point

Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My clicking stock front driveshaft wouldn't make it very far.

Tom woods basically told me his driveshaft could never be faulty and i can go screw My self. So much for customer service. Even an offer of help would have sufficed at this point

Having met Tom Woods and dealt with him personally, sorry I have a hard time believing that Tom Woods himself would say something like that. Have you sent him pics of what failed?

Last edited by TeraFlex; 10-12-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Having met Tom Woods and dealt with him personally, sorry I have a hard time believing that Tom Woods himself would say something like that. Have you sent him pics of what failed?
I'm.going to post a copy of the entire Exchange tonight. Either way I am going to make sure everyone knows that he doesn't seem to care about quality and his "too good to be defective" product is a crock of Shit. I'm just mad people talked so well about it only to find out just about every other Driveline company seems to be better

Old 10-12-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

My name is Matthew Scott. I've had some issues with your driveshaft. I heard you've been informed but I am not happy. Not one but 2 u joints didn't have any bearings in the caps, causing me to miss work and fork over $350 to get it all fixed. I need you to contact me ASAP to get this resolved.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

11:21am To: Matt Scott Cc: rusty@rustysoffroad.com Show details

Matthew:

I am aware of your claims and postings. I disagree with the factuality of many of your statements. I can assure you; all the universal joints had bearings in the caps. If this were not the case, we would not have been able to balance the drive shaft and you would have experienced a catastrophic failure within only a few miles.

Regarding not getting back to you;

On September 30 th , I did send you an E-mail on the subject. Had you taken me up on the offer, I am sure your drive shaft would have been back in your hands by now, and at no charge to you. A copy of the E-mail I sent to you is pasted in below.

I sincerely request that; in your postings, you tell the truth, the whole truth, and if posting any of my E-mail correspondences, you post them in their entirety.

Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 2:05 PM

Old 10-12-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never received that email and when the guys from the forum stated you sent one to me I did not believe it. I can send you both u joints as well as the receipt and information of the techs that removed and installed new ujoints. I don't just fabricate things. I work in sales and I've seen all the bs before. If I have an issue due to my own fault, I wouldn't have ever brought it up
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

s difficult to imagine that of all the E-mail I sent that day, yours is the only one which was not delivered, and if it was not delivered, I did not get notice of a

Quick Reply: Tom woods sucks