Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tired of in town jeepers

Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow -

When someone else pays for my Jeep and my mods then they can have feel free to tell me how/where to drive it. Until then...I'll just enjoy looking at others rides and driving my own where/how I want.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live in a college town and these kids have rubicons on 4in lifts with stock driveshafts, 37 and 40 in tires, no c gussets trusses, stock gears etc. if u ask them about their rig they say "oh my dad custom built my jeep". Seriously dude?!?! You don't know crap about your jeep?!?! And then they call a smittybuilt stinger bumper "a custom built bumper". Little douchebags with dads money
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

95% of jk owners are town jeeps and have no clue what they are driving. The jk is a great jeep but they have lost their integrity by the grocery pushers. Furthermore, those people certainly aren't on this forum. I'll rarely wave to a stock jk because it's usually some Dbag driving around a bright green or yellow jeep thats never seen mud, a hard to and windows up when it's 90 degrees out. People suck and it only makes me want to do more upgrades to separate myself from them. That being said we get no respect from the TJ because of what people have turned the jk into
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't we all just get along? Let's all just agree that whether their in town or outta town jeeps.... All Jeeps are AWESOME!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

I wave to every Wrangler I see, stock or not...most of the time it's not returned, but I have hope that they'll eventually realize what the wave is about and pass it on :-)

I don't feel that you have to offroad your Wrangler to be a "real" owner though, I happen to enjoy taking mine offroad...but I'm not going to fault anyone who just drives one for a little sunshine and fresh air on a weekend cruise either. Room for all types in the family.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I would recomend...

... not even bothering to wave to stock, clean JKs. If its modded, or dirty, you might get a wave. JK owners are pretty haughty in my opinion- ever been to an off road park and tried to get other JK's to do anything that would get it dirty?

JK'rs seem to think without lockers you cant crawl, and without lift you cant mud. My observation.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

I am completely BAFFELED reading these posts! I don't understand who or what people think they are or what they think they do that makes them think they are any better than anyone else! Nobody cares if you off road! Yeah 4-wheelin is fun, but in what fantasy land does it make you any better than a person that doesn't enjoy

You enjoy 4-wheelin.... Thats great! If you don't enjoy it than that is great too. You people who are degrading those that don't take their Jeeps in the mud are making torsos yourselves around ignorant and immature. All I can say is I hope your young kids so we can chalk up this nonsense to youth, because if your adults....OOOOOH BOY, I feel bad for those that have to be in your company on a daily basis.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well said, same thing applies if you don't have a lift or big tires. Sure it's cool but are you a better person than the next? I think not
Just have fun, and don't forget to wave.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was sitting next to a guy that had just pulled out of the dealership with 30 day tags on. He looked over at me at the stop light and didn't acknowledge my wave. I politely got his attention and explained the jeep community and wave. I told him he needs to check the site out become a part of the camaraderie we all share. It was a quick lesson but he smiled. He would have probably had some words for me but the light changed. Lol
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it weren't for the in town jeepers jeep would have gone out of business a long time ago. The company never would have survived long enough to design your jk. Who knows maybe you'd be on the fj or hummer boards complaining. So next time you see a soccer mom in a Sahara with color matched everything say thank you.

Quick Reply: tired of in town jeepers