Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tired of in town jeepers

Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12Dozer

Yeah, some people may tell you that you can feel free to post stuff without negative feedback but that it's not the case at all. The jeep community is supposed to be a friendly one, or at least I thought. Good luck on this forum because there are quite a few negative people on here.
Easiest just to ignore, which I usually do... But this last time I guess I was just in the mood to say something... Lol

I agree with the earlier post... "Let's just sling some mud"
Old 07-14-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee
I like to see the immaculate JK's on the street. By the time my dusty, rusty, and scratched 07 needs a donar body to transfer the mods and drive train to, there will likely be a spotless, never driven off pavement JK sitting for sale somewhere close.

Works for me.
I got my 07 last year from an man in his 70s. Had 49k miles, never been offroad, never even had the top off, he washed it religiously and it looked like you could eat off the floorboards.
I'm appreciative of that- with as much as he pampered that thing I prob will get a lot of miles out of it.
We should appreciate those that don't beat em all to hell- better for all of us.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

I bought it so I do whatever I want. There's no rule or law stating if you have a jeep it's mandatory to wheel it. Love wheeling crawling and muddin but just jeeping isn't what it used to be. Everyone is on keeping up with the jones with jeeps nowadays. Oh your so much better because you trash you jeep while ours is still being paid off and a dd lol. I've owned 99 xj 2000xj 99 tj 2002 rubi 2005 rubi 2006 xk 2008 jk 2012 jk 2012 jku
Love jeeps just not dudes who get mad they wheel there's and looks unnew to those that care about their jeep
Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

The bottom line is Jeeps are amazing for 4-Wheeling but lets be honest, they have come a VERY LONG WAY in terms of being an all around great vehicle! You can get a 2012 MW3 Edition for almost $50,000 and last time I checked, unless you have money to burn, there are not many people that are going to take a $50,000 vehicle and sling through mud and woods and watch it get all banged up.

I would love to 4-Wheel with my Jeep but its my everyday driver and it is a BLAST just to drive around town and to work! I agree with everyone that feel Jeeps were made to 4-wheel, but I also agree and understand those of us that wash there Jeep alot and like to just look at it and enjoy it on the streets.

The bottom line is we are all Jeep lovers...people (I know I do) come onto these forums to look for information, tips, and advise on what to do, how to solve problems, or just great ideas, basically for a positive, up-beat experience, lets not turn it negative and make it so people have to read blasts directed towards them.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Town Jeepers

(bastard431)

1. First how old are you?
2. By your name you are not very old
3. That kind of language is not nice-if this is a site to bring family members to.
4. Is your Jeep (all) paid for and you do not own anyone for anything on it?
5. Some people like to take care of their rides, so they do last a long time.
6. I'm glad you have a $100.000 a year job, where you can spend your money like that, some people don't
7. Who really cares if they take it off road of not, just because someone has a car that can go 150 does that mean they have to go that fast to be a big shot -no.
8. Just be glad they have one and be easy on them, maybe in a year or two they might see a jeep that they like with tires and a lift and start their project and ask about going off road. (Not every jeep has to be lifted to go off road.)
Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
I use to own a jacked up ram always wanted a jeep, so when I saw jacked up jeep online for sale at a dealership I want to go look at it when I saw her I could tell she was never ever taken off road EVER! So I got a 2010 Sahara JKU with 4" Rancho long arm suspension lift, 18x9 KMC Spy wheels with 37X12.50R18 BFG KM2 tires and sway bar quick disconnects... They guy did all that and drove her to the office! The guy traded it in cuz it was getting to be too much money for everything cuz now he needed to change gears but never did... So I'm finishing her off with bumpers, rock rails, 5:13 gears and lockers, plus more! I like to keep her clean and guys at work bust my chops cuz she's so clean... But when I come outta the woods I go right to the car wash.. I LOVE getting her dirty but I also enjoy detailing her and making her pretty! And because I enjoy detailing her, she won second place at the All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle PA this past weekend! Attachment 340786
im with ya bro. i love takin her off road (on the 'bunny trails', mostly because i wheel alone). but she sure does look good all clean and hand waxed.
since she is still straight stock, i kinda get funny looks when im up on the mountain trails with my well worn SRAs - lol. But when she is shiny and clean I frequently get comments from strangers like "sweet jeep!"

to each his own i guess. some people like to see shiny toys and some like throw their toys into the mud. I like how no matter how they look, clean or muddy, they still peak the interest of non-jeepers!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

'bunny trails'... now that brought a chuckle...

Since I'm so new to the Jeep and wheelin' arena thats what I need to know... 'where are all the bunny trails at?' LOL
Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it weren't for posers & mall-crawlers buying aftermarket stuff, if it was just the "hardcore" wheelers that modified their Jeeps, 99% of the overabundance in aftermarket accessories we all love to spend our money on wouldn't exist. Not only that, but the few parts that would be available would be so astronomically priced, that it would no be feasible to the average Joe.

Making overgeneralized statements such as “if you don’t offroad as hard as me, you don’t deserve to drive a cool monster Jeep like mine,” is just silly & immature.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in a redneck town. I work in a very snooty town. When leaving work its fun to see all of the tricked out Jeeps that will never see off road. There are a couple of dealerships in that same town that are selling some Jeeps all tricked out and they are boasting that they have never seen dirt. I have a lot of friends that wheel and they see the same. I bought my JK off the showroom floor in '07 and right at 1000 miles it was on the trails getting all of its beauty marks and tatoo's. Never looked back and don't regret anything. It's my daily driver and dam proud of the way Pepe looks.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say live and let live. if people want to own a Jeep, Mod a Jeep, Keep it stock, wheel it, mall it take it to soccer practice who cares. everyone has the right to do what they want with what they've got. I'm making payments on mine, which by the way i bought used from a guy who never wheeled it, and i don't see a need to trash it at every opportunity. that said i am a recent member of the local Jeep club and i have had a lot of fun on the trails so far and hope to again in the future. I have friends with Jeeps that don't know what mud is and thats their choice.

If you want something to bitch about how about all these poor Jeeps driving around on beautiful days with the top and doors on... the heat works great but the AC sucks

Quick Reply: tired of in town jeepers