Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tired of in town jeepers

Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone who purchased a jeep obviously love it because for the price you can get a much more optioned/comfortable vehicle. If they wheel it or not is their choice. Just have fun with yours and leave them to do as they please. I commute with mine now so the most ill do is a leveling kit with 33's. My other Jk was on 35's and I played around with that one. Dont really plan to wheel my 12 for a while.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimdoss

They have the right to drive a modded Jeep around town just as much as you have to take yours out and beat the crap out of it.
x2 They're making the payments, their choice of what they do with it. How many people drive trucks and never haul anything but groceries or drive a sports car and never take it to a track?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bastard431

Lol no dude not guys like you i mean those old people who are to good to wave and really have no intention of doing anything, your hearts in the right place just your dads thinking of the insurance lol when you have to pay for it you think twice i usually think once and pay later lol
Exactly how my parents and sister are so no i don't even ask I just say I'm going off roading haha (sometimes doesn't work:/ ) I'm 17 also I'm turning 18 in September my dad doesn't even want me to mod my jeep because he says I'm going to roll it over in the streets? But I'm working so I'm about to buy my lift(; hopefully he doesn't get mad

Last edited by Jeek.OlllllllO; 07-13-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

"Its not the size that counts mate... its how you use it"

I think owning a wrangler is more about the spirit! Stripping her down on sunny days with no doors/roof and touring round town or heading out to 2 lane hwy's with wind blasting and nothing but tree's, fields and blue sky. Seeing the forecast for rain or T-storms and thinking about which route to take home from work where you can find some mud or huge puddles. Heading out in the middle of a blizzard or snow fall to get some pics and enjoy unplowed roads.
Yeah the lifts+mts w/t light kits and custom set of pipes is bad ass and awesome! As long as these in towners have and embrace the spirit its good enough for me
Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dhubers
I have a 2021 with 22000 on it now loved every bit of it. >
Do they have diesel or hemi in the future? Lol
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

iv only been a few times, i wish i could go more but going by urself is kinda scary lol and not many people are going to want to wheel with a 17 yr old
Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really care less what other people do with their money.

The more people that drive jeeps, the more money Chrysler puts in to them and development.

If only people that wheeled bought jeeps then we wouldn't have the jeeps we have today. They would be discontinued.

How could what someone else does with their money possibly affect you?
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is my wife's DD. BUT it still goes to the beach 2-4 times a week and gets cleaned after each trip. Maybe a "clean & pretty" jeep is just a well cared for one & not a mall crawler. Just my 2 cents !! At least they're in a jeep !!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you guys had your way we would be on here saying why don't they make wranglers any more they were do cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I use to own a jacked up ram always wanted a jeep, so when I saw jacked up jeep online for sale at a dealership I want to go look at it when I saw her I could tell she was never ever taken off road EVER! So I got a 2010 Sahara JKU with 4" Rancho long arm suspension lift, 18x9 KMC Spy wheels with 37X12.50R18 BFG KM2 tires and sway bar quick disconnects... They guy did all that and drove her to the office! The guy traded it in cuz it was getting to be too much money for everything cuz now he needed to change gears but never did... So I'm finishing her off with bumpers, rock rails, 5:13 gears and lockers, plus more! I like to keep her clean and guys at work bust my chops cuz she's so clean... But when I come outta the woods I go right to the car wash.. I LOVE getting her dirty but I also enjoy detailing her and making her pretty! And because I enjoy detailing her, she won second place at the All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle PA this past weekend! Click image for larger version

Name:	1632256632_3915711464546.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	340786

Quick Reply: tired of in town jeepers