Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tired of in town jeepers

Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread and comments. I wanted a Jeep for over a decade and due to family, cost, having a company vehicle for a long time buying a Jeep wasn't possible. Now that I have one I love it but it is my DD and lifts, wheels, tires, etc are not on the agenda until I pay it off. I take it off road and love it however do not knock me because I am a in town Jeeper.

I love my Jeep and I have no problem with modded or stock Jeepers. I wave to everyone's Jeep.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mcgee149
I think in the bible its says something about that being the ultimate sin.
it should be the first page on the manual.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SCMatt
Yeah it's horrible. All these people that don't off-road, and maybe just enjoy the top down with room to put kids and beach stuff in the back buying jeep's keeping chrysler producing them, because of the wide market attraction. And then the nerve of these folks to keep the after market suppliers in business, by increasing there available market to folks who like to change the look or feel of there jeep for whatever reason. They are evil. We should hate them. I mean probably 8-10% of jeep owners actually off road regularly, and without these folks there would be no jeep product line, and it's been that way for decades, but yeah they suck.
Attempt at sarcasm noted and rejected due to lack of content.

1/10 for post effort.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben Staad
I love my Jeep and I have no problem with modded or stock Jeepers. I wave to everyone's Jeep.
X2..........

stupid character limit
Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SCMatt
I bought one for my wife simply because she wanted a "Convertible" that she could put kids and baby gear into. I challenge you to point to a better convertible for kids and baby gear. That's one of the biggest reasons you see soccer mom's driving jeeps. And they keep Jeep in business.
wow.. you live in a different world than me. This is not sarcastic but I never seen mall crawlers going convertible around here( OKC and area ).

And I have to say I'm sure it helps but soccer moms DO NOT keep Jeep in business. Jeep has been building Wranglers in one form or another since way before soccer moms existed and started buying them and will continue building them way after soccer moms stop driving them. Just like the Corvette or anything like it. It's one of those signature vehicles that the company will continue to build as long as even a small number of people are buying.

Originally Posted by Chewmeista

So you must get really pissed when you see a ferrari, porsche, corvette, whatever driving 60 on the highway.
Hahaha.. you're not kidding. I just freak out with road rage when I see that... but really..why would someone buy a car like that to drive below the speed limit and ease around town to buy groceries??

Seriously.. I love the fact that regular people buy Wranglers so the numbers keep them in production.. I simply said I don't understand why people would do it, just like that person probably doesn't understand why I drive mine all over trails, rocks, and through creeks, etc.

It's one thing to buy it for space and convertible but I'd bet money you can't find even 25% of the mall crawlers anywhere driving around with the top off their Wrangler.

But it takes all kinds so it's all good.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

This is the most cynical thread topic ever. I guess if you own a Corvette your a sinner if you don't drive extremely fast. And I guess my 2012 JKU is a curb crushing shiny piece, but just the way I like it.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maverick17
I LIKE JEEPS!!!

I like them tall or short... as Rubicon or Sport.

I like them muddy or clean... and Modded to look mean!!!

When seeing one I'll behave... and render a JEEP Wave!!!

Sorry... I couldn't resist. GRIN
Hilarious bro. Reminded me of the Dr Seuss book "Green Eggs and Ham"

I like mine blue or green
And shiny to be seen

I like mine black and ruddy
And made to get muddy

I like mine red and yellow
And wave to every jeep fellow

Sorry just trying to lighten up the serious tone here. We're all on the same team here.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Deats4x4
Yeah I live in Texas and I feel so stupid for waving to every wrangler I see and most just look crazy at me but ima keep on waiven
I live in Texas too and I feel the same way!! I wave at them anyway and hope they catch on...just got my jk 3 weeks ago and even I know the drill already..come on people!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look at the JK has separated itself from the herd thread
Old 07-20-2012, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

These threads always make me laugh, why not live your life and not worry how others live theirs.

Quick Reply: tired of in town jeepers