Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tired of in town jeepers

Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squishing stuff

Ok ok ok i get IT intown jeepers are awsome at squishing squirels and rolling over large curbs and big dividers. Enjoy

Last edited by bastard431; 07-16-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to say, I'm kinda like that. As much as I want to go off road, my town has little things to take my Jeep out on. When it rains (which is rare in west Texas) I go muddying. There's a lot of construction being done in my town and I try riding the piles of dirt every now and then. Another problem is is I'm 17 and my dad hates when I go do dangerous shit with her. When I'm out on my own, her and I will have a massive adventure and she'll get torn, but for now all I can really be is that in town Jeeper.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z.A.Kenworthy
I just want to say, I'm kinda like that. As much as I want to go off road, my town has little things to take my Jeep out on. When it rains (which is rare in west Texas) I go muddying. There's a lot of construction being done in my town and I try riding the piles of dirt every now and then. Another problem is is I'm 17 and my dad hates when I go do dangerous shit with her. When I'm out on my own, her and I will have a massive adventure and she'll get torn, but for now all I can really be is that in town Jeeper.
Lol no dude not guys like you i mean those old people who are to good to wave and really have no intention of doing anything, your hearts in the right place just your dads thinking of the insurance lol when you have to pay for it you think twice i usually think once and pay later lol
Old 07-12-2012, 03:51 AM
JK Newbie

I don't know how to feel about this. I have taken mine off road only once. On one hand that's what jeeps were meant to do. On the other hand I'm in the military and I don't get paid much so 26K is a sh*t ton of money to just go destroy it. But boy was it fun the time I web off road, oh btw she was only a day old when I took her.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12Dozer
I don't know how to feel about this. I have taken mine off road only once. On one hand that's what jeeps were meant to do. On the other hand I'm in the military and I don't get paid much so 26K is a sh*t ton of money to just go destroy it. But boy was it fun the time I web off road, oh btw she was only a day old when I took her.
Hey i hear you buddy, im infantry but if youve been deployed a few times you know we only live once enjoy it. 10th mtn 4-31 inf Aco 1st plt 2nd sqd. Bastards
Old 07-12-2012, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

I know what you mean. I get lip from some people because mine is really clean often times (it's not my daily driver, and since I keep it in a garage that I want to keep clean, I keep the Jeep clean when it's not in use.) Hell, my boss at work (female with 2 kids) has a JKU and a few weeks ago she asked if I'd buy her quads for cheap so that she and her husband could buy a life and wheels for the family to take the Jeep out more. She keeps it clean in and out, but I've seen her wheel before.

As for the "wimpy Cherokee" comment I can't agree with that. I've had one personal one and 3 others in the family that I used for many things, they are BUILT and can do just as much as any other Jeep hands down. There's a reason my Renix XJ license plate was "NVRDIES".
Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would say that you would probably think that my wife's DD was a mall crawler. We usually wheel on Saturdays and the spend most of Sunday cleaning it from top to bottom. It's usually always spotless, otherwise my wife and son would always have mud on the backs of their clothes from climbing in and out. You can't judge a book by its cover.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like to see the immaculate JK's on the street. By the time my dusty, rusty, and scratched 07 needs a donar body to transfer the mods and drive train to, there will likely be a spotless, never driven off pavement JK sitting for sale somewhere close.

Works for me.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yankee
I like to see the immaculate JK's on the street. By the time my dusty, rusty, and scratched 07 needs a donar body to transfer the mods and drive train to, there will likely be a spotless, never driven off pavement JK sitting for sale somewhere close.

Works for me.
X2, the more cats that are out there not working their equipment, the better the used pool of vehicles. That is how I got my 08 JKU Rubi, somebody used it sparingly for a year and traded it for a Mercedes. I got it from the Mercedes dealer used for a fire sale price and it was like new! Now she's pinstriped and my skids are worn raw.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

My new Jeep is stock with less than 1k miles on it & I'm already crushing Florida mall curbs like they were soda cans!!! Can't wait to get a lift and tires so I can move up to these hellacious speed bumps!! Lol

Quick Reply: tired of in town jeepers