Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tired of Reading the SAME Thing.. so here are some answers

Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently I have no further need to post, or for that matter, be on the forum. My wife will be so happy to see me again.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, what's up your gagutza? Sometimes under the search, you'll pull up 10 pages of threads with the key words in it and some of them have nothing to do with what your looking for. Now, with that said, what's the best lift for my jeep, and how will my CAR look with 35's?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

So what oil is everyone running? If only there was some way I could find this out without reading every single thread.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deadspot
Funny you mention that about the receipt paper - that is so true - you fold them and tuck them away and the next time you look you can't read a thing. Maybe it is worth scanning and saving as PDFs for storage...
That's exactly what I do.
I've kept a running log on my 1994XJ since it was bought back in April 04, listed in word pad as XJ HISTORY.
Started a log for the wifes JK back in November 06, the day we took delivery.
Every time I go to the dealer for anything, I just print a copy out and take it with me just in case.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

I throughly enjoy reading about everyone asking about mpg with different lifts/tires/programmers/wind speed/uphill/downhill

Its a forum, they all get things asked and talked about over and over, you dont need to click on every thread if it bothers you lol
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

It doesn't bother me as much, because we were all noobs at one time... however the sheer number of "how to fix when my hood lift" threads boggles my mind.

You have four options:

Remove hood spring. (That's all I did and it's fixed!)
Get the 09 latches.
Get aftermarket latches.
Use cable ties.

And by the way, all of those options still don't guarentee your hood won't lift up when semis drive by.

Someone should merge all of those into one.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall
It doesn't bother me as much, because we were all noobs at one time... however the sheer number of "how to fix when my hood lift" threads boggles my mind.

You have four options:

Remove hood spring. (That's all I did and it's fixed!)
Get the 09 latches.
Get aftermarket latches.
Use cable ties.

And by the way, all of those options still don't guarentee your hood won't lift up when semis drive by.

Someone should merge all of those into one.
Option 5: Weld the damn hood shut.

Then you don't have to worry about hood lift, what oil to use or when to change it or what filter is best or if you should put in a K&N or not.

The only question now to ask is what does my insurance cover so when it stops running you can burn it or run it into a river and report it stolen so to get a new one.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes! And make every newb take a test to make sure they understand the rules!

Or...

You could have simply pointed to the "New to JK-Forum" thread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/forum-support-92/new-jk-forum-com-start-here-28610/

If it hurts that much to read through all of the what oil (or what ever) threads, why in the world would you put yourself through that? It's kinda like if you don't like what's on the radio, change the station!

In fact, I'm sitting here right now wondering why in the world I'm even responding to this??

I guess we all should get some cheese and crackers to go with our "whine".
Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

I don't mind seeing the occasional repeated post. Every once in a while, someone will come along with a new idea or new solution that may not have been pointed out in an earlier post. And there's always the option of not clicking on a thread if you don't want to read it.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

How long will it take for Shrockworks bumper to get here? I have been waiting 2 weeks.

That is the only one that gets me.

Quick Reply: Tired of Reading the SAME Thing.. so here are some answers