Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tired of my 4 door want to swap for a 2 door...

Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Which is fine when they're old enough to crawl back there and strap themselves in. Try strapping a two-year old into a child seat with a 5 point harness through the front door. Not so much fun.
Sorry, I sounded like a jerk. I could see that, I guess I'm spoiled being tall. My girlfriend always complains about getting in the back seat, I just reach in.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I sounded like a jerk. I could see that, I guess I'm spoiled being tall. My girlfriend always complains about getting in the back seat, I just reach in.
Nah, it's all good. Didn't sound jerkish. I'm pretty tall myself so I can do the reach-in thing too. or I can get into the driver's seat, then haul the little bugger up over me and toss him between the front seats into the child seat in the back and strap him in. He kind of thinks that's fun anyhow.

Personally, if it was just for me, I'd probably have gone with a 2-door. It was purely a convenience decision for me since there's just no way my girlfriend could easily get the little guy into the child seat. She still has problems getting him in there because of how high the Jeep is... I also didn't really want a youngling climbing along my backseats in with road-salt, mud, sand or other crap all over his boots.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go Big Or Go Home!!! 4DR JK's are awesome.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

to clear up the gas milage dispute.....the 4 dr is listed having better mpg because they use the figures for the 2wd
Old 01-29-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

.... and now I need to throw my two cents in.

4DR FTW!!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll say this...99% of the people on this forum wheel. So, THOSE 4drs kick ass. But, its the family of three at the gas station that looks at my lifted 2dr with the doors @ top off like I'm some kid of punk kid in a riced Civic, THAT pisses me off. The JEEP was never meant to be the most practical ON-ROAD vehicle. It was meant to be CAPABLE OFF-ROAD, which many 4-doors are. Its not "you people" (hehe) we are talking about here. The 4-door just opened the JEEP up to a huge, non-wheeling, non-waving, stuffy suburban market. "That thing is filthy, why would you do that to a $25,000 SUV?" SUV?! "Why would you ever take the doors off a brand new car?" AAARRRGGGHHH! Its the same people that buy Corvettes and Porsches and DRIVE REALLY SLOW!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

About 99% of 2 door Jeeps I see are, shiny, the drivers don't wave and they have their hard tops and doors on in 80 degree weather. And the drivers didn't wave when I had my cj 7.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikepike1868
I love my 4 door, but it's way too much Jeep for me and more than I "need". I would like my Jeep as it is, but a 2 door. Has anyone heard of anyone else doing anything like this? I would want to keep my rims and tires (33's) and a couple other add-ons for the 2 door. My 2007 JK Sahara Unlimited, Red Rock Crystal, has 20k on it, hasn't been in 4wd yet (I know, I know ) has a 2" spacer lift on it with a BDS steering stabilizer, and is in great shape. Full doors.
Anyway, what do you think? How much would I ask for in exchange for me giving up the 4 door for a 2 door? Anyone interested?
Don't trade it. Get a big hack saw and a welding torch..........
Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Everyone on here agrees taking 2 doors off a brand new car and driving it around is awsome. So taking 4 doors off must be twice as awsome? I guess the debate is over now. Simple logic is all you guys needed. You all over thought it.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
About 99% of 2 door Jeeps I see are, shiny, the drivers don't wave and they have their hard tops and doors on in 80 degree weather. And the drivers didn't wave when I had my cj 7.
You live in the Bay Area...I think I saw a South Park about everyone getting high by sniffing their farts out there. That might explain a lot.

Quick Reply: Tired of my 4 door want to swap for a 2 door...