Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tired of my 4 door want to swap for a 2 door...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07crawler
what?? you think you would GET money? in the exchange....you couldn't pay me to take a 4 door..but that's just my
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
The only reason to get a lwb is if you need the extra space
Or if you want to tow more than a couple of bicycles.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 PM
JK Freak

I like the 2dr look better but I also like the 4dr I just dont ever see me getting a 4dr its just not my style but they can look tuff so drive what you want just make sure it is a Jeep.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DHunter19
Or if you want to tow more than a couple of bicycles.
That's exactly why I want to trade mine for a 4 door, so I can pull something bigger than a wheelbarrow... In fact it's the only reason...
Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was in the opposite position of the OP.
I intially bought a 2dr, always wanted a Jeep....real Jeeps are 2drs...

Then after living with it for a month it just was not working for our family.
Three kids, dog, STUFF....Just wasn't working.
Went back to dealer w/ tail btw legs, head hung low, and traded it
in for a similar 4dr that the dealer luckily had on lot.
Everyone is much happier w/ the 4dr as opposed to the 2dr.
Bottom line it's all what works for you and your situation.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BoomerNJ
That's exactly why I want to trade mine for a 4 door, so I can pull something bigger than a wheelbarrow... In fact it's the only reason...
You can tow 2K lbs. with a 2Dr. which is only 500 lbs. less than a 4Dr. I tow about 1500 lbs. with mine. I would remind you 200 hp is not lot for towing unless its on flat and level rds. So don't expect it to be a fireball on the hwy.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Actually the 4dr can tow 3500lbs.. That is 1500lbs more then the 2dr model..
Yeah your right don't know what I was thinking.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Junkie

dont like your 4 door?? get rid of it... like the 2 door??? buy one. Nobody really cares but everyone is quick to throw their opinion out there.

These threads are all the same, you have made up your mind before you posted.

Two Door vs. Four Door.... OMG... like... mine is soooo much better... like no its not... like mine is... like nuh-uh... like...

I would not ride with anyone of you that bashes either the two door or the four...

i know this like sibling rivalry... but does it not irritate anyone else how often this comes up?

whatever...like.. i am soooo over this
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, the OP wants a 2 dr. He posted his year, milage, some mods and asked if anyone was interested in trading. It seems like he got a couple of bites and perhaps a PM or two, so maybe he will get a Jeep that suits him better. It would be nice if he does get one he is happy with. Even if he has to put up with "My dog's better than yours", and "You're a fool, let ME tell you what you want to drive". Hope it works out for the guy.

Duffy out.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Follow up...

OP? Okay, OP, I got it... I used to have a 99 TJ but I sold that and am still crying.
I love my 4dr JK!.

I had to buy a 4 door car for work. I had my TJ which was damn nice, but my boss didn't think having clients climb inside in suits and dresses would work out professionally and since he was footing the bill then, well I figured why the Hell not a 4 dr? Now, the company has shut down and it's a lot of vehicle for me. Looking at jobs that have bigger territories (state of FL) and I don't think I can handle driving the JK all over the state like that. If I land the right job, I will just wait and get a TJ to play with like I had before
I did expect some laughs, some harrassment, etc...
The money thing, yeah, I figured it would be hard to get cash on top of a trade, but the great thing is I don't NEED to sell it, I don't even necessarily WANT to get rid of it, I just wanted to get opinions and boy did I!
I love this forum almost as much as I love Jeeps. I have wanted one since I was a little kid and my dad used to drool over old CJ's we'd see out in the woods fishing or in the phosphate mines going over sand dunes. He could never afford one, and neither could I until Oct. '04 when I got my TJ. Anyway, I guess that's for another thread. 4dr, 2dr, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ, MJ, XJ, ZJ, point is I love Jeeps, especially the JK's, TJ's, YJ's, and CJ's. Thanks for all the input!

Last edited by mikepike1868; 01-23-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Tired of my 4 door want to swap for a 2 door...