Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tire shop

Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire shop

So I took my JK unlimited to the tire shop today to get my new wheels and tire put on. a few hours later I went to check on it and they were just putting the tires on. It looks sweet. any way me and the sales man where talking about the rear tire holder and I looked at my tail gate and noticed a large dent on the top left side of the tail gate right where the tail gate and the window meet. I said what is this and he told me it was like that when he picked it up this morning. Know I only have 150 miles on this Jeep and have owned it for like 4 weeks now. When I loaded the wheels in the trunk last night the dent was not there. But the sales man kept swarring up and down it was there. So I spoke to the manager and they are going to fix it.

Sorry just venting.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Well, good news...
Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck. Make sure you discuss with them the details of what they mean by fixing it. You may be better off with a cash settlement and selecting the shop of your choice for the repairs.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt they'd do a cash settlement. Just make sure they fix it properly. Hopefully, its nothing major and their paintless dent guy can fix it.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

At least they are gonna go good for their mistake, the dealer I purchased my JK from put a dent in the panel underneath the corner of the windshield with the door mirror and also a nice little scratch on my hood and would not take responsibility for it.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well it is going to need paint. After I looked at it further I noticed the paint is cracked and has begun to chip.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

That's pretty normal...
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

I got some kind of platinum package with my JK when I bought it, they offered it to me for free because my mother was working there at the time, or they must have felt bad for me because I paid sticker for my JK. Anyway there is some sort of rust proofing bs guarantee that came with this package, I have a small but fairly deep gash on my hood and its been there for the better part of a year and a half and hasnt rusted yet. Is this just luck or did they spray my JK with some bullshit? They pollute the roads here in the winter with salt so I figured it would have rusted by now.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Anything a dealership put on your JK's paint, will not help at all if you scratch it to bare metal.

Its possible that your deep gouge is only through the paint and not all the way to bare metal and the primer is protecting it from rust. For now... You need to touch that up, it won't last forever...
Old 10-23-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Anything a dealership put on your JK's paint, will not help at all if you scratch it to bare metal.

Its possible that your deep gouge is only through the paint and not all the way to bare metal and the primer is protecting it from rust. For now... You need to touch that up, it won't last forever...
Thats what I figured, its definitley down to the primer because the white is poking through but i've been putting off touching it up because I think it might look worse than it already does. Anybody tried one of thosedupli-color touch up paint brush/pens? Wondering if that would do the job.

Quick Reply: Tire shop