Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tire cover question

Old 05-19-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire cover question

I have been thinking about getting a black vinyl tire cover for my JK. I would really like to do something custom to the cover and have thought about putting a decal on the cover. the decal i want to use is a boat decal and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or how you think it would hold up. It would only cost me around 50 bucks for the completed "custom" tire cover so its not too much. it would definately be unique and last for a decent amount of time. What do you think?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how well a vinyl decal will stick to the soft vinyl in the heat. Here is a much more expensive option if you want a custom decal on a hard cover, I think it should stick to this... But you have to stay at a 32" spare...

Old 05-19-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

dont waste your time and money
Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by weiss2185
I have been thinking about getting a black vinyl tire cover for my JK. I would really like to do something custom to the cover and have thought about putting a decal on the cover. the decal i want to use is a boat decal and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or how you think it would hold up. It would only cost me around 50 bucks for the completed "custom" tire cover so its not too much. it would definately be unique and last for a decent amount of time. What do you think?
Why?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

There is also the possibility of airbrushing it. I have have been debating that. Don't know if it will hold either though.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

air brushing will hold on a canvas cover!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Why?
cause i can.......i dont know if i really know if i am going to do it thats why i ask everyone. i just think the sticker that i want to add is pretty BA. its the g-loomis fish sticker and it is pretty cool. its funny now because people aren't too into the whole tire cover thing but set yourself back 10yrs and everyone had them.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by weiss2185
cause i can.......i dont know if i really know if i am going to do it thats why i ask everyone. i just think the sticker that i want to add is pretty BA. its the g-loomis fish sticker and it is pretty cool. its funny now because people aren't too into the whole tire cover thing but set yourself back 10yrs and everyone had them.
are you saying you're going back ten years seriously I think it would be cool.

Quick Reply: Tire cover question