Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tire Carrier Recomendation

Old 09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so is there no extender that just pushes the tire out, were talking about probable a half an inch here to keep it from rubbing against the bumper.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
Hey guys thanks and yea I just ordered the teraflex one, and yes they are mounted on my stock wheels, as I was driving home from my gf's last night at like 9, the rattling was just to much it started getting me really nervous so I got out with this tire iron and decided fuck the bumper i need to crank these down for the time being, thank god I did, they told me they just werent fully cranked down, they were barely on at all!!! i turned each lugnot with the tire iron at least 10 times!!! it was just a matter of time before the wheel fell off, thank god. And thanks for all your help guys
Originally Posted by jknit
so is there no extender that just pushes the tire out, were talking about probable a half an inch here to keep it from rubbing against the bumper.
I thought you ordered one already?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did but now I am seeing the extra things I may need, I didn't realize that it moved it out and up. I thought just out, should have read the description

Quick Reply: Tire Carrier Recomendation