Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: 35s or 37s?
35s on 3.5" lift
80.00%
37s on 4" lift
0%
Keep 33s on body lift
0%
Get a new vehicle lol
20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Time to upgrade, 35s or 37s?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have kids, but I wouldn't be able to justify making the vehicle I use to safely transport them more unstable by adding huge tires and an even bigger lift. You don't mention any type of wheeling in your post. If you don't wheel and the jeep is primarily a kid hauler as you say, why do you feel a need for big, heavy tires and a tall lift? You gain nothing when driving them around, yet you risk their safety with increased wear, improper geometry, and you drain the power to an already underpowered engine.
If you do wheel the jeep currently, get another vehicle to cart the kids around. If you don't wheel it, but want some type of toy, do as Dirtman says, "build a buggy."

I voted for getting a new vehicle.

Last edited by Blizz; 06-14-2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Autocorrected to Dairyman instead of Dirtman LOL
Old 06-14-2016, 02:55 AM
JK Newbie

We actually do light wheeling with the kids, my 3 year specifically loves it and it is an excuse to get the family out. As some quick background, although I drop the kids off every day, daycare is about 2.5 miles from home of small town driving, the kids spend little time actually in my Jeep though. That being said, are you saying that adding a small lift and 35s is wildly dangerous?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

3.5" of lift is not exactly small and yes it can become dangerous if not properly done.
Sounds like you want 37's. Just install 37's and fix the shit as it breaks. Just be ready to drop coin and be without your daily driver from time to time.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocklax
We actually do light wheeling with the kids, my 3 year specifically loves it and it is an excuse to get the family out. As some quick background, although I drop the kids off every day, daycare is about 2.5 miles from home of small town driving, the kids spend little time actually in my Jeep though. That being said, are you saying that adding a small lift and 35s is wildly dangerous?
I just like this because it makes me feel like I'm dangerous! Can't wait to go 37s and be psycho!

3.5 is a lot of lift, just my opinion. From what I have personally experienced my jk did not handle right after lifting without many new components. I'm picky, and possibly neurotic but it just rides better now than ever. Took time and money but . . . Put up some pics! 35s or 37s is irrelevant, I need pictures!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560

I just like this because it makes me feel like I'm dangerous! Can't wait to go 37s and be psycho!

3.5 is a lot of lift, just my opinion. From what I have personally experienced my jk did not handle right after lifting without many new components. I'm picky, and possibly neurotic but it just rides better now than ever. Took time and money but . . . Put up some pics! 35s or 37s is irrelevant, I need pictures!
I've decided on 2.5" and 35s. The reason I was saying 3.5", was that what was one of my buddies told me I'd need. Obviously he was wrong.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rocklax
I've decided on 2.5" and 35s. The reason I was saying 3.5", was that what was one of my buddies told me I'd need. Obviously he was wrong.

I take my daughter wheeling with me. Not too crazy. Wider tires= wider wheel base=Safer. Just my 2 pennies.

Quick Reply: Time to upgrade, 35s or 37s?