Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Time Sensative! Half Framed Doors? Where Can I Get A Price?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Time Sensative! Half Framed Doors? Where Can I Get A Price?

Okay im at my ends... and Google seems to hate me! I have been trying it locate a price on a set of 4 half framed doors for a '09 Rubi, all morning complete with power locks and zippered windows. And I ive found nothing, except a gut who bought all the parts and hardware and assembling it him self, and a guy making them out of wood. This Is VERY time sensitive, the purchase of my Rubi, is teetering on the price of these doors. I Have talked to the part depo at Dodge-Jeep, and i would have to order all the parts separately. I have an agreed offer, waiting to be signed that includes the half doors, i just need to make sure that I’m getting the better deal, and not overpaying. Where can i buy, or how much are they worth and why can’t i find half doors!? If they’re over $5000 I am jetting a good deal.

Tks. Hope to be posting in the 37’s forum in 4-6 weeks.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

there was just a post on the half doors if you try a search on the forum i think you should be able to find it. i think someone said they were around the 5,000 mark but im not 100% sure. in my opinion that a lot of mod money. i would love to get half doors but i think they are to much $$
Old 04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are about $6500k if you buy all the parts, also there was a dealer site that was selling them put together but not painted for about the same.

if you order one from the factory I believe the half doors take $500 off the price of a 4dr
Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Ya I found it like 20 mins after i posted! Sorry. But Thanks Offroadme & tkob1060.

I like the half doors and they're Definitely worth it for the deal i am hopefully getting, Oh and if you saw my leg you would appreciate me having half doors.

For anyone elses JeepsAreUs.com has a Mopar kit with all the hardware to put it together yourself (unpainted with zippered tops) 2dr =$3100, 4dr =$6000 and mirrors + $200. Purchasing through dealer is around $8000 - $9000 Canadian for a 4dr. 2dr are slightly cheaper. Hope this helps some like myself.

Last edited by 4x4_Specter; 04-07-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That kit doesn't include power locks. Those are not factory supported. You will have buy the actuators, harness, etc. for the full doors to make those work and rig them up yourself.

Seems pointless to have power locks with the half doors but if you want them go for it.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Saltman, you are correct on both points. the reason id like power locks is im hoping that if the door was unlocked from the inside with the alarm on, it will trip the alarm... Then its Louisville time! but yes useless for the professional thief.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
That kit doesn't include power locks. Those are not factory supported. You will have buy the actuators, harness, etc. for the full doors to make those work and rig them up yourself.

Seems pointless to have power locks with the half doors but if you want them go for it.
but if some manuf.comes around with hard half door top - it's nice to lock all four doors with one click

Quick Reply: Time Sensative! Half Framed Doors? Where Can I Get A Price?