Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts on Rubicon?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKChandler
Man, thats a really good point. I forgot thats all included now. 3 years ago when I started looking I remember having to add that as optional.

I made it clear to all dealers I have been working with that my time frame is like 3 to 4 weeks and everyone I have dealt with so far has been pretty darn cool. Ive bee working with people in and out of state and found that being super honest goes a long way with many Jeep dealers. This will be my first Jeep vehicle of any sort, and so far the pre buying experience has been good.

I travel a lot for business and been teasing the hell out of myself through AVIS, as they rent JK's in most cities I go to and take the option every time. I cant wait to post pics of my own on here. . . . .
Why am I good? LOL

and thanks!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

HardTop - $735
They are adding the Hardtop, making it dual top group? If that's the case, that's a great price for that option--savings of over $1000.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by BOOST
When I configured my Rubicon on jeeps site.. I see no option for power doors? I thought this was standard on the 2010 Rubicon? Am I wrong? 2 door only maybe?
Really? That sucks, and especially on a Jeep. I hate power door locks/windows--just a malfunction waiting to happen (I keep vehicles for years--nay--decades).
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power group is not standard. My 2dr Rubicon is manual locks/doors, manual shift, etc. Just fine with me, but I don't think I'd buy a 4dr without power options.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
They are adding the Hardtop, making it dual top group? If that's the case, that's a great price for that option--savings of over $1000.
Ah, no, sorry. I was just listing the price for the option so everyone new what i was getting. They are not making it dual tops, but that would be sweet.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOOST
Why am I good? LOL

and thanks!
I just meant that you where good on not needing to add power conveinice group as it is already included in the Rubi price.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Ah, no, sorry. I was just listing the price for the option so everyone new what i was getting. They are not making it dual tops, but that would be sweet.
You should be able to pick up a new one/near new one from someone who bought dual-tops but doesn't want it for around $500-600. Keep an eye on the forum For Sale section, as well as other sources like e-bay and craigslist.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds good to me.

To give you an idea..
I got an 09 Rubi unlimited, with NAV/DUALtops/side airbags/Auto/16k miles
for $28500
It was really like new condition, the soft top was never used...and everybody thinks it was new, even myself.
I love it.

Also it was kind of hard to find an unlimited Rubi. I had anotherone on sight, 08 with 10k miles/6-speed/dual top/navi for $28000, but it was sold the day I was going to see it, I was actually ready to buy it.

Good LUCK, and enjoy it.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepy..jpg
Views:	41
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	69792  
Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thoughts on Rubicon?

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Power group is not standard. My 2dr Rubicon is manual locks/doors, manual shift, etc. Just fine with me, but I don't think I'd buy a 4dr without power options.
I'm pretty sure it became standerd on rubis in late 09 or 2010
Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thoughts on Rubicon?

Originally Posted by jeepnick
I'm pretty sure it became standerd on rubis in late 09 or 2010
I paid 30 for mine with everything except the softtop I didn't want it

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Rubicon?